Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds, in Oct. 2011. Jenni remained hospitalized for nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Thoughts

So far my mom and I have both manged to keep from getting more than a touch of sickness, but Rick is down hard with it. :(

Still nothing on the insurance decision.

R. (9-year-old) was in a play last night. (Thank you, Teacher Nancy.) She did great and I walked in on Rick's arm, with my new pink cane. I still wasn't terribly steady, but it was another chance to practice. I laughed my way I the door, but we made it.

I didn't sleep terribly well last night. I had hived out pretty badly at the play and taken allergy medicine, so my system was pretty off balance, but thankfully I never had any breathing issues, so that is a huge praise. (If you haven't read about my latex allergy,you may not understand the importance of this praise.)

It is still pretty overwhelming and overstimulating for me, simply to be out in public or around so many people.

I do not have the perifreal vision I am used to, so I feel my body is ver much just a "shell" for my spirit when I try to look to the side.

I couldn;t hear most of the actors last night, so there was much contextual guessing on my part. I will be so glad to hear better, later this month!

If I could ask your prayers for a few issues, I would appreciate it. My roll as a Mom has dramatically changed. I am thankful to be a mom, but feel very part time and severly limited in my abilities in this. Mother's Day was hard for years because of infertility and loss, n ow it is hard again, for different reasons. Honestly. I am not looking forward to tomorrow. I'm more than thankful that I still have both my mom and 3 of my kids, I will just be sad to say goodbye to our kids again tomorrow night. I know it is a hard day for many, including those who have lost your moms or have been estranged from you mom and/or children. I'm praying of my friend Kendra too, like me a Mom, but not able to parent her children right now. Thank you for your prayer for my heart in this.

I will be back in the hospital next Tuesday for testing. It should me a fairly routein day, but I'm still nervous. Wednesday, I see my neurologist again. Thank you for your prayers.


5 comments:

  1. I feel your pain about being a part time mom. After praying for 5 years to have a baby and God answered that prayer with my son and again 3 years later with my daughter, even though there was a miscarriage in between them.
    Now we are divorced and I have to be a part time mom. I HATE IT! I miss them and worry about what they are being exposed to in the other house.
    Thank you God for our children...they are all answers to prayer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry you know this pain on a long-term scale. :(

      Yes, praise God for our kids!

      Delete
  2. Sweet Jenni~

    I pray your day tomorrow is filled with laughter and precious times with your family.

    Praying for your upcoming appointments.

    julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. These verses have been running through my head when I think of both you & Kendra. Praying your Mother's Day has been precious.

    Proverbs 3:21-26

    My son, let them not depart from your eyes—
    ​​Keep sound wisdom and discretion;
    ​​So they will be life to your soul
    ​​And grace to your neck.
    ​​Then you will walk safely in your way,
    ​​And your foot will not stumble.
    ​​When you lie down, you will not be afraid;
    ​​Yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet.
    ​​Do not be afraid of sudden terror,
    ​​Nor of trouble from the wicked when it comes;
    ​​For the LORD will be your confidence,
    ​​And will keep your foot from being caught.

    ReplyDelete