Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds, in Oct. 2011. Jenni remained hospitalized for nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Dark Mornings

I wrote a post this morning that was a little too personal, too vulnerable, too heavy, too dark, too down, to share with the world. Let's just leave it at the reality that I'm still really struggling with depression, I could sure use your prayers, and I'm in a pretty hard season, emotionally, right now. Rick is being wonderful and so supportive. I am thankful for all the blessings in my life, just right now I am also mourning some losses and its a truly yucky experience!

If you think of it, I would especially appreciate your prayers early in the morning, as this seems to typically be my hardest time of day. Of course, "hardest" still means other times of day can be "hard" too, so God, who works outside of human time anyway, will surely honor your prayer (and I welcome them) any time of the day!
In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly. - Psalm 5:3

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.-  Psalm 143:8
Lamentations 3:22-23
Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

3 comments:

  1. I'm very sorry for your losses. Much love to you. Praise the Lord for His faithfulness not to leave us and the hope of goals much larger then this world can hold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continuing to pray for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you dear Jenni. Praying God to continue to restore you in His light and so thankful that we can rest on His promises. You are so loved....

    ReplyDelete