Starting October 25 of 2011, "InfertilityMom," 39-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder of Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes, all due to vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office. The largest two strokes were brain stem and cerebellum bleeds. Jenni remained hospitalized until nearly Christmas and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care (please read more and watch short video). Jenni is now walking (with a cane or wheeled walker), has recovered much eye-sight, some hearing, partial use of her hands, cares for most of her own personal/toiletry needs, and is currently writing three books, maintains multiple blogs, and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Near the five-year recovery mark, Jenni has renewed her pre-stroke excitement about the unique Lilla Rose hair Flexi eight jewelry she sells and has finally regained enough hand/arm function to regularly use! (The biggest ongoing losses at the 4 1/2-year point of recovery are left-side nerve pain, inability to drive, loss of homeschool teaching capability, significant sound processing issues (often triggering nausea), and some profound physical ability limitations such as a limp, balance challenges, clumsy use of right hand and only large motor function in left hand.) Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equipts you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Jenni is clinging to God's grace through the entire experience. Here is her unfolding story, documented in her own words (typing with only her right hand), as she perceives it happening in real time, messy, honest and to the glory of God...

Monday, June 11, 2012

In the Body

I hope I am not over-posting and making you tired of reading. Just lately there seem to be an unusual number of thoughts and experiences to record! I really don't thing this will become a typical pattern of posting!

A few days ago I shared 2 Corinthians 4:7, "But we have this treasure in jars of clay [earthen vessels] to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us."

Kendra's husband just posted how the passage goes on through verse 12, "We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our mortal body. So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you."

I will be honest and say that I am feeling pretty crushed, abandoned and destroyed these days. I didn't know one human body was even capable of manufacturing so many tears or that they could fall so readily or uninvited!

What I took note of in this verse was that Jesus wants to be revealed through my mortal body. So often I long for the glory of Heaven, for my Spiritual body, and wonder why we can't just skip over the rest of the earth-bound parts.

One more little piece of a puzzle that's still not really come into focus for me yet. But it is good to know that my earthly body can still be used of God.

I was recently asking for thoughts and verses on how God is right here, with us. I need them because, if I go purely on my own emotions, I can't always feel Him. A friend sent me several verses on this topic along with some other issues I've been wrestling with God over, so I want to share a few with you:

"If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." - Psalm 139: 8-10
“And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” -  Matthew 28:20
The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” - Deuteronomy 31:8
Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life - Psalms 23:6
 Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails. - Proverbs 19:21
The LORD Almighty has sworn, “Surely, as I have planned, so it will be, and as I have purposed, so it will happen. - Isaiah 14:24
Many, LORD my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us. None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare. - Psalm 40:5
 "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." - 2 Corinthians 4:16-18
all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. - Psalm 139:16
But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth. - Exodus 9:16
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. - John 10:10
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. -  Romans 8:28
And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. - Hebrews 12:1-2 
 You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done... - Genesis 50:20a
 Besides the "Footprints" poem, any other thoughts or verses you want to share?

1 comment:

  1. My goodness Jenni~ I miss a couple of days reading & have tons of posts to catch up on!

    I really dislike commenting from my phone. (I find it much easier to use my computer) Please know that I pray for you often.

    And just a reminder - you are special, you are loved, and you are not alone!

    http://sheridanwaits.blogspot.com/2011/12/not-alone.html

    ReplyDelete