Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds, in Oct. 2011. Jenni remained hospitalized for nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Sleepy Head

 Praise! My friend Kendra has her tracheotomy tube out! Thank you for keeping her in your prayers.It would mean the world to me if you continued to do so!


Last night was the first time since the strokes that I have managed to stay up past midnight! In the hospitals I saw midnight more than once, was often awake then, but had usually been asleep since just after dinner (and often for much of the afternoon) and would sometimes see midnight because I was awake again then.

When I came home from the hospital (mid December) I often fell asleep by 5 or 6 at night. More recently, I have usually been up until 8 or 9, occasionally, still awake or awake again as late as 9, 10 or even (very rarely) 11, but I have usually been in bed, often asleep, for at least a couple hours by then.

I often wake, or start to wake (awake and back to sleep again, on and off) by 4 or 5 in the morning. Occasionally I am up for the day around 5 or 5:30, but this seems not so much to be the issue since starting my antidepressants. Usually, I am up for good around 6:30-7.

Last night I was working on this blog and Rick was enjoying some time to himself after we put the kids to bed. I was tired, but no more so than usual. Rick asked me what time my computer said and I was pleasantly surprised to find it was already past 11 and I really wasn't feeling a need to be in bed yet!  This was, indeed, a new experience for me!

We finally went to bed more than an hour later. I was more than ready for sleep by then, but this was so amazing because I didn't know if I would ever be able to do anything social in the evenings again, because I have needed to go to bed so early. Last night restored my hope that this my be possible some day!

I sleep until 7:30 this morning, then only woke up because kids were being noisy. (Joyful noise!) My first thought was, "So this is why I don't usually stay up so late!" I stayed in bed until about 9. I think a nap will have to be a priority this afternoon! Not perfect yet, but an improvement.

Stroke is a terribly humbling experience. For some reason, needing to ask my husband to shave my arm pits just doesn't measure up to the vision I had of romance in marriage! I am so blessed by this self-sacrificing and patient man. <3

I was just looking back over previous post and I noticed this comment I once made, "I would like to end on an inspirational note. I am dry and have nothing to give at the moment. I know God is working here, I just have to take that on faith, the evidence of things hoped for and not seen."

The though occurred to me that when I am "dry," it is then that I most need to be refreshed by Living Water and immerse myself more in the focesed pursuit of Him.
Jeremiah 2:13
“My people have committed two sins: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water.
John 4:10
Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him [Jesus] and he would have given you living water.”
John 7:38
Whoever believes in me [Jesus], as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.”
 Revelation 7:17
For the Lamb [Jesus] at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”

1 comment:

  1. I'm commenting on this post, but I just caught up on your last 3 (or 4)posts.

    Anxiety Girl. That is a perfect description of me. Thanks for the laugh!

    Your sweet dd~ I'm sorry her foot is broken. Praying it is healed soon!

    YAY for staying up late! I'm glad your body is not needing quite as much rest and that you are able to do things like stay up late and blog. :)

    I still pray for you and your family.

    julied

    ReplyDelete