Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds. Jenni remained hospitalized until nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

"Back"

My physical therapist nearly made me cry today. (Not being mean, just stating the obvious.) I told him of our evening at Urgent Care with an injury for our son, and this before our daughter's broken foot has even healed.He said, "These kids just need there Mamma fully back!" When I laughed, he replied, "No, seriously, they do!" Water-works!

Actually, I couldn't have prevented either injury even if I were "back." But it felt good to hear and feel needed and to know that my therapists are serious about getting my body back to normal (or as close to normal as possible) function, as quickly as they can.

I am now to start relying on the cane as my primary assistance device (rather than the walker, though I have not fully graduated from the walker yet) around home. Rick and I will have to decide about our comfort level with the cane when he isn't home, but when he is around, E. wants me using the can as much as I can.

C. (my occupational therapist) isn't so sure about that plan. She isn't terribly comfortable with my reliance on a cane yet. This is the first time I have needed God to give me wisdom between two conflicting pieces of important therapy advice. I think E. has seniority in my care, so his advice seems to take president here? I guess the compromise might be to only use the cane around other adults and still use the walker when I'm responsible for the kids?

Interestingly, one of the other physical therapists came up to me today and said it might sound like a strange question, but did I know M. Saake. She was asking about my brother-in-law! It turns out she is best friends with my sister-in-law's little sister! She recognized my last name on the patient attendance sheet, and since it is an unusual last name, wanted to find out if there was any connection. Cool, right?! She said she was aware we lived in the area, but since my brother-in-law's family lives about 6 hours away and this was his sister-in-law's friend, we hadn't ever met. Small world!
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. - Psalm 73:26

No comments:

Post a Comment