Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds, in Oct. 2011. Jenni remained hospitalized for nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Chickens & Independence

I can tell I haven't been trying my cane the last couple of weeks. I tried it again this afternoon and it did not go at all smoothly. Am I ever sore from the effort! I was hoping to declare independence from the walker, but not yet.

Happy birthday to my big brother, Dan. As kids, I hated that you were "five years older" than me for a few weeks each July. Now that we are getting older, that's not so bad. ;) Enjoy the fireworks that you had me convinced the whole nation put on just in your honor. :) 

My hubby is off work today. It is so wonderful to have him home! He is smoking a chicken on the grill for dinner.


Speaking of chickens, our "girls" came home today (4 of the 5, 1 died away from home last month). Thank you, so much Chase family, for taking them into your lives all these months! I think this was the last major thing, that we have control over, that was keeping the kids from their return to "normal" lives.

Of course, there is still much we do not have control over and Rick and I still have some work to do toward pulling out of crisis mode, but it is wonderful that both our kids and their pets are back home again! I had really thought the kids would be the only ones totally thrilled by the return of the girls, but I had forgotten how soothing their gentle clucking sounds can be. I must say, I am very glad they are home too!

I am pleased to say that I have made some writing progress again this week! I had planned to keep mr Paul  book on the back burner for a while, but I had fresh inspiration this week, so maybe God has other plans? As far as I know, this book is still 3 books away from completion or publication. I am also working Harvesting Hope (fruit of the Spirit, life of Job) my stoke book.


Princess R. gets her broken foot checked by the doctor on Friday, has her birthday party that night (about 5 months late), the kids have VBS next week (my mom will take them while I will re-start therapy, see the neurologist and have an insurance appeal meeting), and the kids and I plan to start the new school year the following week. My ear surgery is scheduled for the 25th. My 40th birthday is the end of the month. Life keeps coming!

From Facebook. Thank you, Digital Inspiration.

In honor of national Independence Day, have you ever heard the second verse to The Star Spangled Banner? If not, you will definitely want to go listen.
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment