Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds, in Oct. 2011. Jenni remained hospitalized for nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Eyes and Hair

My eye appointment yesterday was only 2 1/2 hours long. :) My double vision has improved from a measurement of 30 in February, to 3 (June?) to 1 this week. I still see doubled when looking up, down or to the sides, but directly to the front, I see singly unless I'm tired or stressed and my eyes get less synced. My vision is now 20/20 in each eye (Wow, better than before the strokes!), though practically speaking, I can read the bottom row of letters with the right and only the middle row with the left, so there is mild usability difference between the eyes, with the right being noticeably stronger.

Dilation is still not resolved in my left eye from yesterday's drops, so I may have to call and ask about that later today or tomorrow morning, if it remains an issue. I think I will cancel my regular ophthalmologist appointment for later this month, since the results at the neuro-ophthalmologist were so encouraging! My doctor was looking over the changes in my records yesterday and shook his head saying, "Wow!" There is no medical explanation for such dramatic improvements. Only God!

This morning I woke up from dreaming that I had long hair and two working hands again. I was playing with my hair and braiding it. I woke up to this reality and sobbed. I told Rick, "It was such a normal, simple thing, but it's not." It's representative of the accumulation of so many daily little losses. Sometimes I really hate the changes now. :(

Soon the tears weren't just about hair, the were about parenthood (because I miss braiding my daughter's hair) and my husband and daughter were both trying to sooth my pain. My daughter worked with me and between our three working hands, we managed a braid together, though she had to take it out because it hung in face. Still, it was healing, along with their hugs and humor and words of loving assurance.

Today I have my transportation interview. I'm sick to my tummy just thinking about it.I'm never on my own, away from home. This is scary! Again, not a big deal on its own, but in context of all the rest, including some issues I have yet to share here, it seems overwhelming today.

I don't know why, but my left foot is really purple again today, more so than any time in recent months. I thought circulation issues were resolving, but I guess not.

Our oldest is sick and my youngest was really disobedient yesterday. I'm  praying we have a better day today. I feel really anxious and don't like the feeling of being out of control, at all. I'm thankful that God is still in control, even when my illusion of control is so shattered.

Thank you to my wonderful hubby for taking his whole evening to get our internet working again last night. <3

God seems to be working some healing in our relationship and my heart attitudes toward or marriage. Praise the Lord!
When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul. - Psalm 94:19

2 comments:

  1. 2 Timothy 1:7
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

    With God's power you can ride the public transportation and meet new people and share God's love to them. :)
    Love, Lisa Borba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenni, It is the small accumulating things that get us isn't it. I know it is for me.

    ReplyDelete