Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds, in Oct. 2011. Jenni remained hospitalized for nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

15 Months

Tomorrow is 15 months since my first 2 strokes. I am writing a day early, in between our son's 7-year-old birthday yesterday and our daughter's 10-year-old birthday tomorrow. (Yes, busy week at our house. The youngest was in a hurry, coming a full month before he was due, and still coming home just two days later, on his sister's 3rd birthday. I told her I could never top her birthday present that year! Little would anyone have any idea of on infertility back-story, just hearing these dates and thinking how well we "planned" and spaced our children! ;) ) Our kids assigned today as our bird's "hatch day" since we adopted her without really knowing the real date. So our cockateiel is officially celebrating her 7th today too. :)



Kathy came today and cleaned bathrooms (after tackling her usual chore of the kitchen). My kids followed her around the house and fought over who got to help. Pretty bad when the kids gather to watch a toilet be cleaned because it is such a rare sight in our house! Thank you, Kathy. My toilets sparkle!!! She filled the kitchen sink with bubble for them to help her "wash dishes" (play) earlier and they were so excited. The little things...

I don't have much by way of update today, having just given a pretty full report on Tuesday, but these "anniversary" landmarks are a pretty big deal to me, so I've still got to mark each month. (Edited the next day to add a link to the amazing accomplishment that took place on my actual 15-month day! And here are some video and pictures of 15-month progress, posted the end of January.)



I have been told by many folks now that my current recovery has well-passed their lifetime expectations for me. Well, guess what? I'm not where I want to be for this lifetime yet (come quickly, Lord Jesus - I'm so very homesick for Heaven!), so I'm still not giving up. I don't know what ultimate plans God has for me, but He has already given more than many folks expected and we don't seem to be done with the gradual (or not-so-gradual, by medical reasoning) gains yet. How ever much He plans to grant me to accomplish the purposes He has uniquely designed me to fulfill, I willingly accept! And any limitations that may remain, I know are only for this terribly finite lifetime and I am slowly learning to equally accept them as well.
Jeremiah 15:19
Therefore this is what the LORD says: “If you repent, I will restore you that you may serve me; if you utter worthy, not worthless, words, you will be my spokesman...

2 comments:

  1. I am trying to find a way to like your last paragraph. I am so glad to be a witness to God's grace and blessings in your life. I was very proud of all you accomplished today while I was playing with your precious kids. Tiffany sends her hatchday wishes to Sweetpea. Kathy

    ReplyDelete