Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds, in Oct. 2011. Jenni remained hospitalized for nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Just Another Day

Today was our one day all week without appointments. Actually I had planned to meet with a friend, but she had to take her daughter to the doctor when they got up this morning, so it felt rather giddy to have a free day (though sad L was so sick and to miss the time with V). You would think the extra hours would have yielded a better school day, but by 1PM we were still on our first subject of the day, so thing didn't unfold too smoothly here after all! :( The school day ended up pretty much being successful, other than one book (we just used at the beginning of this week!) still being missing, and thus unusable, for the second day in a row. But I have no idea where it might be as we spend nearly two hours cleaning and reorganizing just about ever crevice of that room at the end of our day!

I spent much of the morning making phone calls (trying to keep kids moving between them, so they were never neglected) and now have the next several weeks of therapy and doctors appointments scheduled (other than several call returns I am now awaiting), so it was a productive day on that front. I've shared how much I (DON'T) love talking on the phone now, so I feel rather proud of myself for getting all of that done today. In researching some current symptom concerns, I'm beginning to think the stroke also triggered my thyroid into imbalance, so a couple calls I am awaiting scheduling or returned calls are concerning yet another new doctor to start seeing. :(

I have been really off balance the last couple days. Not quite sure why? I've taken several pretty yucky falls around the house this week, but the worst damage just seems to be a pretty sore left shoulder. Please pray that I will have wisdom to know if there is anything I should be doing differently in getting myself around, to hopefully prevent some of these falls. I even fell (one of my hardest and most shoulder damaging falls all week) crawling across the floor, yesterday!

Now to throw see how things turned out for dinner tonight. Last night I had a MASSIVE FAIL in using a new-to-me Pintrest idea (like my family was trying to get it down without gagging) from a recipe that was touted as being "delicious" on there. Since I have had way more successes than failures from Pintrest (some absolutely simple and brilliant ideas, in fact), I'm being daring and giving Pintrest another shot tonight with a turkey, Mexican "chili." We shall see...
Zechariah 9:12
Return to your fortress, O prisoners of hope; even now I announce that I will restore twice as much to you.

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness girl. You didn't tell me you had some falls. You ok, really?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenni, you're doing great with the cooking and taking care of your family. There have been a few times that I've made something for Sam and I and Sam has said...don't ever make that again and I agreed. Oh, well! My husband is a better cook that I'll ever be and a gourmet. Me, I'm old fashioned and what little I do cook is like what grandma used to make. I'm a real fan of the slow cooker. If I ever bake anything my husband looks at me and says...who are you and where is my wife!? I say the same if he puts his shoes away. LOL. I'm much happier and better oriented to being behind a sewing machine or making a flower arrangement.

    ReplyDelete