Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds, in Oct. 2011. Jenni remained hospitalized for nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Refresh

This is one of my favorite images I have come across on Pintrest. Not much commentary needed!

I  do wonder, though, if anyone can yell me how to make something like this? How can I take my own photo and add text? Is there a special program I need? I've been wanting to learn this for years (and how to design images, logo, etc.) but have NO idea where to start. Could anyone please help me?

As for update, I'm doing much better from my cold as of yesterday morning. Friday seemed to be my last day of fever, by yesterday morning I was still a bit mucus-y, but the drainage was mostly clear again (still a little overly mucus-producing today, but even better than yesterday) and I'm only rarely coughing or sneezing now. Probably about 90/95% better from the virus.

I think I would have felt up to going to church this morning, but since our girl has been down in bed for 3 days in a row, and this was her first day to even feeling sort of good enough to be out in the living room, and because or 7-year-old acts like he might come down with this soon (and I can't drive), it made sense that I be the one to stay home with them! I'm sure the day of rest was good for me too. I'm hopeful the extra body aches will start to resolve now that the rest is clearing up? 

If our little man doesn't end up sick, I have at least one appointment every day this week, including getting my speech therapy restarted for the first time since before Christmas and going to my long-awaited endocrinologist appointment (to talk thyroid). Hopefully we won't have to work on re-arranging all of that!


I love how God works! I had picked one of these pictures and the closing verse out weeks ago. When I checked today, after my recent struggle over healing and final conclusion that it is spirit that needs restoration, refreshment, even more than my body, these are the images and verse I found ready for today's post!  I don't think I had really ever seen this before, or at least not thought of it in this light, that a familiar Psalm of comfort promises that God will, "restores my soul." :)

2 comments:

  1. Jenni,
    Glad you're feeling better. I'll ask Sam if he know about text imaging over photos. He knows a lot about a lot.

    ReplyDelete