Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds, in Oct. 2011. Jenni remained hospitalized for nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Sunday, November 17, 2013

100 Day Challenge

 
Day One of Re-Learning to Jump - https://giveit100.com/@InfertilityMom
 
Thanks for the idea website, Mom.
 
 
I was inspired to try the 100 Day Project after watching Cynthia's story. her direct 100 day collection of videos here. Please let me know if you decide to join us (stroke therapy, play the piano, train for a race, or some other dream)! 
 
 
 Not a ton going on right now. Mostly just sitting around waiting for my kidney to do its thing...
 
 
 
In case I didn't tell you yet, my foot surgery (was scheduled for the 25th) is postponed indefinitely because I'm bleeding enough from my urinary tract to mess up pre-surgical blood work. So shoe options are even more limited right now and I'm not making it to the gym, but my kidney has decided to be a diva and tell my foot that it is more important right now.
 
 
In case you are interested, I recently shared my personal thoughts on head covering over on my InfertilityMom blog. I doubt many will agree, but a few might just want to read my views and reasoning even if you don't share these ideas.
 
Sometimes I just wish I could cope with memories this way! Gotta love PBA (I've gone from sobbing over EVERYTHING (NOT good either!) to now not being able to cry at all!) mixed with PTSD. When the memories come I think it would feel a bit better to have a few tears sneak out of my eyes now and then, if I could do so with reasonable levels of control like before the strokes. Two years is a LONG time to not be able to express normal emotions.


Quote - "All their life in this world and all their adventures in Narnia had only been the cover and the title page: now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story which no one on earth has read: which goes on for ever: in which every chapter is better than the one before." - C.S. Lewis, The Last Battle - Beautiful description.

 
For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Eph 2:10 NLT 
I love this verse. Joni Eareckson Tada, Nick Vujicic, Bethany Hamilton, Kendra, me, you, we've all been touched by the evil of this fallen world, yet even though destruction isn't God's signature, still I am PLANNED by Him (this isn't a "second best" or just taking lemons and making lemonade out of the situation), as I am, and could not accomplish the good He has designed me to fulfill without these exact circumstances! Not God causing pain, but purposing it since before He even knit me together in my mother's womb! (To find out more about people and stories that inspire me, like those named above, please visit my Pinterest board, Inspiring Folks, and check out the stories in the last section of our (yours and mine) stroke resource page as these are even more stories (not the same as the pin board) to amaze you!)




1 comment:

  1. Thanks I appreciate your sharing this!This post is actually really inspiring for me, thank you!
    Positive Thinking

    ReplyDelete