Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds. Jenni remained hospitalized until nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Monday, November 25, 2013

25 Months

November 25, 2013, 25 months since I first stroked. This Thursday (Thanksgiving Day) marks 2 years since the morning of my double surgeries that would finally put an end to my month of ongoing stroking.
 
 
This morning my mom and I took my daughter to the orthodontist. Tomorrow (my dad's 71st birthday), Lord willing, we go up to the school to have "stone soup" with my second grader before birthday dinner in the evening. Wednesday, we plan to see my urologist about my kidney stone again. Thursday, the plan is to spend Thanksgiving Day with my in-laws, as we should have been doing two years ago. Other than not having a driver's license, thing are rather blissfully, normal, boring at this point. We will see by next month if I still feel a need to continue with every month updates or not?
 
video  video
Day 9 of 100
Nahum 1:7 “The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him.”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment