Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds, in Oct. 2011. Jenni remained hospitalized for nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Answered Prayers

Last night I told my stroke group, "Kind of dreading going to bed tonight even though I am exhausted!

 
While talking answers to prayer, I need to tell you thank you for praying. I still have a stone, but my pain levels remain quite mild. I'm still bleeding into my urine so it is certainly not resolved and I feel the impact of over three weeks of this, in energy decline and general weakness, but hearing horror story after story, it could be SO MUCH worse. I'm very blessed to be on such an easy road, thus far! I've clogged two filters with the debris I'm passing, so this makes me hopeful that the stone is breaking up and passing rather painlessly? We'll see what the x-ray shows next week! 
 
 
Remember how I told you I had hardly eaten for two weeks? Another answer to prayer is that I have actually felt hungry and managed to keep food down this week! The downside is another two pounds of weight gain (and what I've been eating is not excessive and has generally been healthy), but at this point I figure that my body is so goofy after the strokes that weight is much less of a priority than health!
 

 
We are headed off to try to visit my friend Jonnie at the hospital this morning. The cyst in her brain has become debilitating enough that she can't even sit up without passing out now. :( She is about $7,000 away from being able to schedule surgery still (about $24,000 away from being able to pay for the entire surgery). Please pray!

 
 
 I went to a picnic where two different people told me they wouldn't know I had a stroke if I hadn't told them! "Sure, you walk with a cane, but lots of people do that, for lots of different reasons." Just wow!
 
 
Not because it has anything to do with why I stroked, but I want to keep this basic blood pressure information because it is information that I never can manage to keep straight, so that I can find it again next time I need it.
 
 
Quote:  Father, I may not always understand or like how You work in my life, but I want to grow to the place where I trust You anyway. When the hard times come, teach me to trust You fully.
 
 
Quote: “God doesn't owe you an explanation or reason for everything He asks you to do. Understanding can wait, but obedience can’t. Instant obedience will teach you more about God than a lifetime of Bible discussions. In fact, you will never understand some commands until you obey them first. Obedience unlocks understanding.” – Rick Warren, Purpose-Drive Life


When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. - Psalm 56:3


Day 3 of 100
 

1 comment: