Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds, in Oct. 2011. Jenni remained hospitalized for nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Friday, November 22, 2013

Emergency Room


Today is pretty much just a rest day for me (I wish it could be for Rick too, as he is utterly exhausted). We spent 5 hours (amazingly short, I think) at the ER last night. I got to see how very much my husband does NOT like hospitals now!!!


Bottom line, the stone is still stuck in there. The hospital nor urologist isn't freaked out by the amount of blood I've passed, even though it got so dark my urine was BLACK at one point yesterday and deep, vivid RED most of the rest of the day! After an IV of fluids, (one expensive bag of water!) they sent me home. I'm still in very little pain and the ER doctor said this is likely a reason to be thankful that the stone is on my primarily stroked side as I'm not feeling like I normally would! I'll see the urologist again next Wednesday (it will be about 4 weeks since this all started as yesterday was exactly 3 weeks since my first real symptoms) unless I spike a fever over 102 between now and then. I'm not too happy with the timing of any of this as I had my double arterial surgeries on Thanksgiving morning, just two years ago.


The biggest news last night was concerning my intestinal paralysis. Even though I hadn't realized it to be an ongoing issue, the doctor seemed more surprised and concerned about what he found with my digestive tract than he even was with my stone (since urine came back with no sign of infection and the other kidney seems to be functioning well). The good news is that we finally have a valid explanation of why I keep gaining weight and just refuse to loose. The bad news is I went to the hospital with one known issue and came home with two! Now to see what, if anything, can be done to compensate for this problem.
 
The LORD is my strength and my song,
and he has become my salvation;
this is my God, and I will praise him,
my father's God, and I will exalt him. - Exodus 15:2
Day 6 of 100
 

No comments:

Post a Comment