Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds. Jenni remained hospitalized until nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Saturday, December 28, 2013

4th Day of Christmas


I've known this for years, and my memory is such that it probably won't even mean much to me by the new year, but right now I'm rather taken with the concept of "The 12 Days of Christmas," the meaning behind the words of the Christmas carol we all know, the literal observation of 12 calendar days, starting on Christmas Day and extending for the next 12 days of Epiphany. "Epiphany : a Christian festival held on January 6 in honor of the coming of the three kings to the infant Jesus Christ" (even though there is solid, historical reason to believe that the king came to visit the toddler Jesus, up to 2 year of age, in a house, not a baby in a stable.)


In brief, the song was is thought to be a teaching tool for times and places where the open practice of Christianity was banned. The "days" each represented something specific of Christian, specifically Catholic, theology. While there are slight variations on this schedule (for example, a few count day 1 as the 26th, while most count it as Christmas Day), here in the general idea behind the celebration:


Day 1-December 25- partridge in a pear tree is Jesus

Day 2-December 26- 2 turtledoves are the Old and New Testament

Day 3-December 27- 3 French hens are faith, hope and love

Day 4-December 28- 4 calling birds are the 4 Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John
Day 5-December 29- 5 golden rings represent the Pentateuch - Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy

Day 6-December 30- 6 geese a laying represent the 6 days of creation

Day 7-December 31- 7 swans a swimming represent the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit

Day 8-January 1- 8 maids a milking represent the Beatitudes

Day 9-January 2- 9 ladies dancing represent the 9 aspects of the fruit of the Holy Spirit

Day 10-January 3- 10 lords a leaping are the 10 Commandments

Day 11-January 4- 11 pipers piping represent the 11 faithful apostles

Day 12-January 5- 12 drummers drumming represent the twelve points of the Apostle's Creed

Speaking of New Year's, here are my dream shoes I would love to be able to wear this Tuesday night. Don't they remind you of a fairytale princess? Yes, I really would have worn something like this before the strokes:

Instead, I still find myself unable to wear anything as simple as this, because it won't hold on to my foot, so I can't keep it on to walk:

But I did get some new combat boots for Christmas. Just like my first ones (same brand and style), but with a pretty, bright yellow background where the other are black. :) Not my old "dream" by a long shot, but now a source as much joy. :)

I actually got several other useful gifts this year as well. It was a kitchen adaptation Christmas. I feel very spoiled / blessed! I got a new hand mixer / immersion blender that will allow me to do so much more with one hand! I also got a so got a hands-free can opener and an electric throw blanket to keep my legs warm when I'm sitting in a chair AND a tangle-free hair brush since I still have such a hard time brushing my hair! (Kendra, I got a new CrockPot to match your too, but mine is silver, not red.)
If anyone has kitchen items on your wish list, but didn't find them under the tree, I'll be opening up an online, low key, Facebook Pamper Chef "party" at https://www.facebook.com/events/239856262841978/?previousaction=join&source=1 on January 1, 2014, for just one week. I'll be posting more details (and a review of a product that I've found especially helpful and why) soon. To order, you need to be active on my Facebook list as "going" to this event, prior to January 1, so feel free to come on over or send me a message between now and then, if you are interested. I'm trying to help a young mom from my mom's church, who lost her job this year and her husband took a pay cut, to keep her new business rolling so she can be home with her toddler and the new baby that's due next month, while still helping compensate for their monthly budget deficit.
https://www.facebook.com/events/239856262841978/?previousaction=join&source=1
Because I know I will want to revisit this article, here are 5 Things Christians Should Never Say. Excellent thoughts!
Just after writing, last week, that my shoulder doesn't bug me much anymore, today it has been REALLY sore and popping in and out of joint like crazy. :( My kids helped me rearrange two recliners in one corner of the living room yesterday (I'm so happy with the more useable outcome!) and while I though they did pretty much all the furniture moving, I must have tried to help more than I realized, thus using weak muscles that just weren't used to or ready for the task yet!
 
After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.” - Matthew 2:1-2

 

No comments:

Post a Comment