Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds. Jenni remained hospitalized until nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Another Emergency Room Trip

There will be no jumping updates for the next five days, as I am ordered to bed, and we will be meeting with the doctor on Monday, to discuss surgery options, so likely no jumping for a while after that either!

I took this quick snapshot last night, just a couple hours before I started taking my kidney stone symptoms seriously.


Jennifer Saake - StrokeOfGrace.blogspot.com - 25 (and almost 1/2) months into stroke recovery
Updates from Facebook:

Last night:

21 hours ago: Is this my kidney stone or am I trying to catch our daughter's tummy bug? I really think it is the stone getting grumpy, but I'm hoping to ride it out for the next few hours before I make any decisions.

From Rick, 17 hours ago: Please pray for Jenni Saake. She is back in the ER with kidney stones on top of everything else. Thanks Betty and Ralph Camp for watching the kids.

This afternoon:

Last night, pain and flu-like symptoms hit hard about the time I put our youngest to bed around 7:15. The older two snoozed and kept vigil with me as we waited for Rick Saake to land from his business trip. Finally I called my parents to ask Mom to come stay with the kids and my Dad to take me to emergency, since several kidney stone issues were growing progressively worse. Rick landed to news to meet me at the ER around 10. We got home after 5:30 this morning, just in time to wake the kids up for school! I'm awaiting yet another call back from urology but currently it sounds like they still plan to have me wait this out another week.

(From Rick) So Jenni is on mostly bed rest until the 10th when she may have the catheter removed and then see the a Urologist for the next steps. Not sure if they will do surgery or not that day.

[Update: they have since moved the surgical consult up to Monday the 9th as they have NO opening in the office tomorrow, but want to see me as soon as possible.]

(From me, to a stroke prayer group, typing on my tablet) I' ve got kidny stones, complicated by stroke damage. 7 hours in ER last night, 5 hour ER trip just before Thanksgiving. Doctor is giving me another week to try to pass it withou surgery so I'm on bedrest now.
The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away;
    may the name of the Lord be praised. - Job 1:21b

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you, sweet friend!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenni, I hope this resolves with no surgery required. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete