Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds, in Oct. 2011. Jenni remained hospitalized for nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Saturday, December 21, 2013

CPS Revisited

Praise - my kidney stone and bladder pain are MUCH improved this morning (after finally getting that nasty stent removed yesterday)! So very, very glad to have that over with, My doctor yesterday thought all my problems would resolve with stent removal and, so far, that really seems true. I am so terribly thankful that they were able to schedule me for this procedure prior to this weekend.

Prayer - the Central Pain Syndrome (post-stroke pain), that had been, miraculously, pretty calm this past month, is back with a vengeance, starting again, during the night last night.


I don't know if all the brain's pain processing power was busy with this crisis and "forgot" to flair up elsewhere while I was dealing with the stone, or if God just held back the CPS this past month, so I could get through one thing at a time (thank you, Lord!)? Either way, the left side of my body is unhappy the last 12 hours or so, but I was able to void my bladder normally for the first time in over a month this morning! The left side pain was never fully gone over the past month, but usually required direct contact to really activate. Now we are back to deep, intensive ache, scattered with shooting pains, without provocation.



My mom has her kidney stone appointment on the first date available to her surgeon, January 9, 2014! If she find herself in a pain crisis sooner, back to the ER and maybe emergency surgery between now and then. :(


Here's an amazing video on pain and God, from the widows of five missionary men, killed to bring God's love. I was hit by the quote, "God does sometimes bring grief, but he does it with Everlasting Love..."

Women of Faith from ssutton1 on GodTube.



My leg strength is returning surprisingly quickly. I'm weaker than I was before spending a week and a half in bed, but blessedly not nearly as incapacitated as I expected to be! My balance took a pretty big blow and turning a corner, I always have to grab a wall or am not able to do well. Getting up after having been down for a few hours is my biggest challenge right now. Last night I had to get up in the night, so I wobbled down the side of my bed, took a wide corner at the foot of the bed and really swayed, staggered and landed in a heap in the dark. I wasn't really hurt much (all though I think the jolt might have help retrigger the CPS into such heightened expression) but simply could not find any way to get myself back up, so had to wake Rick up to get me off the floor and walk me the rest of the way to the restroom. After Christmas I will likely try to restart my jumping progress and then see how long it takes to become able to get both feet off the floor again.


Kathy came yesterday and helped reclaim our home. It feels so nice in here again. It was also my kids' first day home for 3 weeks of Christmas break. After my first really sad homeschooling dream in a while, I was quite glad to wake up and realize they were home for a bit! We finally managed to celebrate my mom's birthday last night. We will have our celebration of our baby boy's 14th birthday (tomorrow!) with my parents this afternoon, then another with Rick's parents tomorrow night. Three more days until Christmas Eve when we celebrate with his parents again. Then Christmas day with my parents this year. Our little guy (8, next month) was down, sick in bed, yesterday, but seems better this morning. It would be so nice if everyone now stays healthy through the holidays!

 
Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee. - 2 Corinthians 5:5

 

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear your good news!! Will be praying about the pain, that is awful to have to bear! Also praying heavily for your Mom's stone and things regarding that. I just love the stories of those missionaries, but had never seen this video, so thanks for sharing! Have you seen this one?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx1q_ChBxSg

    ReplyDelete