Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds. Jenni remained hospitalized until nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

pondering

I have been thinking more about the local shooting I posted about last night. I was originally instructed to have my post-surgical procedure and follow up this past Monday. When I called to schedule they were already booked on Monday. The earliest they could see me was tomorrow morning. It is quite unusual they would delay my stent removal this long, but if they had scheduled me for yesterday or today, I could have been right in the midst of the shooting yesterday or my appointment would have been automatically canceled for today since the practice is closed today as an active crime scene! What I saw as a frustrating delay, totally sounds like Devine protection now!


As I was writing this, my husband just called to inform me that it was my doctor, who just did my surgery and I was to see tomorrow, who was the man killed! Wow!!! :( One of the women shot was just a patient, sitting in the very waiting room where I have often sat. The depth of this loss feels heavier by the minute. Dr. Gholdoian was a young man! Please pray for his family!

I only talked to him once on the phone (before my final ER trip), met him for about two minutes (a few hours before my surgery), was already out when he came to my surgery, know he talked with my husband while I was in recovery, but I have no idea where he stood with God. From my limited interaction with him, he seemed to be a very kind man, but "good" doesn't mean perfect, according to God's standards that only Jesus' sacrifice can pay for us. This makes me all the more aware of making every moment count for God because we, nor no one we brush against in this life, is garneted the next breath!

 

So, borrowing from what I've already shared here, I can't let another moment pass without telling you...

I believe that there is only one God, Jesus Christ. That to believe Him, I must abide by what He says, namely that He alone is God and there is no other, that He is the only way to the Father and that many paths are inviting, but only one leads to eternal life.

I believe that we are all born as sinners, separated from God, and the only remedy to clear us of our guilt, is acceptance of the death and resurrection of Jesus, the only sinless man ever to live.


It is not through doing enough (or any) right or good things, but by simple faith that God is who He says He is and did what He said He did. It isn't just about believing the facts, but taking them to heart. If I tell you a chair can hold my weight, I can tell you that all day, but it really means nothing until I exercise that belief by taking my body and actually sitting in that chair to show us both that I believe what I say, that I am willing to act upon what I say is true. It is like that with God too. I can say He exists and maybe even say I'm willing to see the work of His hand in my life, but until the "good works" I do are because of my love for Him, an expression of my adoration and acknowledgement of all He has already given for me, not in effort to earn forgiveness or grace, they mean nothing. As Scripture says, such works are as useless as filthy rags!
  
15 Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. - Ephesians 5
 

No comments:

Post a Comment