Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds. Jenni remained hospitalized until nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Thursday, December 12, 2013

thoughts

Here are my reflections on Christmas (from my InfertilityMom blog), exactly one year ago. Not much has changed other than to cringe over some typos and to feel these same emotions on a much more profound and deep level.
  

 
Tuesday, my goal was just a shower and go to counseling...but we did pick up a quick lunch on the way and did stop by one store for a very brief stop on the way home, and I sat on the floor and directed the placement of a few more Christmas items so the living room isn't such a trip hazard now! My body let me know that was much too ambitious for a first day semi out of bed. So Wednesday was a fully down in bed day again.
 
 
My mom and I had been planning to do some shopping and errands today and/or next week. Even though I'm only on half of my blood thinner dose, I'm still bleeding a lot, like about the amount that sent me to the Emergency Room before Thanksgiving. I guess running around much isn't a good idea until this settles. :( I really wanted/expected to be pretty much back to normal by now. Quite simply, this stinks! I'm so glad not to be in the amount of pain the stone itself caused, but I really want to be done with all of this!!!
 
 
I'm now fighting against loss of bladder control. I really hope this is an effect of the stent and all the weirdness of sensation post stroke. I guess I will find out after next Thursday when the stent comes out! Until then, I guess I either invest in Depends or stay close to home for another week! 
 
 
While I don't have spinal cord injury (and don't pretend to know all these challenges faced there!), I got a good giggle out of some of these Top 10 Things Not To Say To Someone In A Wheelchair. I especially loved #4, the broken leg one, and chuckled at #10 about insurance (sounded like a Gicko commercial. :) Sometimes you just gotta' laugh!
 
 

Isaiah 55:8-9 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts that your thoughts.”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment