Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds. Jenni remained hospitalized until nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Time Sensitive

I'm hosting an online Pampered Chef party on Facebook. I knew it started on New Year's Day, but somehow, in my blog planning, I thought I had one more day to talk about this. In reality, you will need to register on Facebook to join the "event" before midnight TONIGHT if you even possibly want to place an order with the next week! If you wish to join there, the link is https://www.facebook.com/events/239856262841978/?notif_t=plan_user_joined. Ordering will open Jan 1st and we will take orders online through Jan 8th. Orders will take about 2 weeks to be delivered after we close the show.


To order (or browse the catalog) directly from the website, the directions are as follow:
HOW TO ORDER
Go to www.Pamperedchef.biz/C2406
In the left hand corner click on “Shows your invited to or hosting.” Then click on “Looking for a specific show.” Search Jenni Saake’s name (Reno, Nevada). Click on Jenni’s name once it loads and you will now be connected to her show. On the right hand side you can click shop now and get busy!!
Once you click shop now, I great way to look at PC’s products is to browse the online catalog. This will be located on the lower left hand side of the webpage.
DON’T FORGET…. While in your shopping cart make sure to change the shipping address to your own. Each item has a drop down option under “ship to”, change to other and enter your information below. You have to do this for each item in your cart, if now everything will get shipped to Jenni and she may want to keep it forever!!


While we are talking Pampered Chef, I have to tell you about an exciting way I found to adapt a standard kitchen tool to meet me post-stroke needs. I still can't hold a fork in my left hand in order to stab and stabilize food and cut it with a knife in my right hand. I was excited to find this $5 little adaptation by using the Hold ‘N Slice®, designed to "protect nails and fingers when cutting foods" and "cut down to the very end of the food without any waste," as my left--handed "fork" at the dinner table. While my son and daughter have used it to protect their fingers while cutting tomatoes and potatoes in food prep, I set the diner table with it whenever I need to cut my own food. It has a short, squatty (compared to a standard fork), chunky design that allows me to grasp the handle with my limited mobility and sink the sharp, stainless steel prongs into whatever I need to hold. Great for puncturing potatoes for baking too! Dishwasher-safe. :)
Forget the former things;
    do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
    Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
    and streams in the wasteland. - Isaiah 43:18-19
 

No comments:

Post a Comment