Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds, in Oct. 2011. Jenni remained hospitalized for nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Getting Glamed


I'm feeling much better today. Still low on energy, and a touch of a sore throat hanging around, but my tummy is MUCH happier! I took a shower, did my makeup to hide my worst zits, applied the Jamberry Nail Wraps I ordered from Kendra's party, sorted and started laundry (if I'm past the sore throat by morning, one of my big goals for tomorrow will be folding, Kathy), figured out tonight's and tomorrow night's dinner (hadn't made them, but both pretty easy and last minute kind of things, the planning is the biggest challenge for me), and practiced both jumping and the flute! I haven't gotten the dishwasher unloaded from yesterday yet, but kids will be home from school to give me back up, any minute now. (The door opened just after I typed that!)

I would think it would likely take less than twenty minutes for people who have two fully working hands. :)

My mom has found a few grey hairs at the back of my head when she brushes my hair. Monday I found the first one near my face. It was silvery and shiny , down the whole length of that hair, so I think it literally changed over night in order for me never to notice before!



 
jump Day 74 of 100
 
flute, day 9 0f 100
2 Corinthians 4:16

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh...the hair. Mine started turning when I was 17! I'm quite streaked now. Interresting fact: after my strokes, I had no grey hair for 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nails look great and wow that you did them yourself.

    A teacher friend of mine told me that a little boy in her school said to his teacher "your sparkly bits are back in your hair!" I have sparkly bits too!

    ReplyDelete