Starting October 25 of 2011, "InfertilityMom," 39-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder of Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes, all due to vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office. The largest two strokes were brain stem and cerebellum bleeds. Jenni remained hospitalized until nearly Christmas and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care (please read more and watch short video). Jenni is now walking (with a cane or wheeled walker), has recovered much eye-sight, some hearing, partial use of her hands, cares for most of her own personal/toiletry needs, and is currently writing three books, maintains multiple blogs, and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Near the five-year recovery mark, Jenni has renewed her pre-stroke excitement about the unique Lilla Rose hair Flexi eight jewelry she sells and has finally regained enough hand/arm function to regularly use! (The biggest ongoing losses at the 4 1/2-year point of recovery are left-side nerve pain, inability to drive, loss of homeschool teaching capability, significant sound processing issues (often triggering nausea), and some profound physical ability limitations such as a limp, balance challenges, clumsy use of right hand and only large motor function in left hand.) Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equipts you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Jenni is clinging to God's grace through the entire experience. Here is her unfolding story, documented in her own words (typing with only her right hand), as she perceives it happening in real time, messy, honest and to the glory of God...

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Saturday

So the latest question from my stroke group was, "What are some of the dumbest things people have said to you since your stroke?" My answer, very common to my ears now, "Immediately upon hearing it was a chiropractor who broke an artery in my neck that was the cause of my strokes, "Oh, I just LOVE my chiropractor. Would never dream of not going anymore. He helps me SO much..." Ummm, glad that is helping you. I felt the same way about what these doctors seemed able to address. But you feeling better doesn't take away my strokes and I can NEVER go to one again, even if they could try to address other pain issues."



I received a digital media copyright complaint for this post and was not told what image was not public domain, so I am removing all images from this post to be sure I get the right one removed. :( This was a picture of two polar bears embracing, captioned with, "I need a hug."



I received a digital media copyright complaint for this post and was not told what image was not public domain, so I am removing all images from this post to be sure I get the right one removed. :( This was an add by the SurvivingChronicPain page that read, "If I complain, I'm a wimp. If I don't complain, I'm a liar. If I cry, I make drama. If I stay silent, I'm crabby. Let me tell you, I am no wimp, no liar, I don't make drama, I'm not crabby. I Am Just In Pain!"



I received a digital media copyright complaint for this post and was not told what image was not public domain, so I am removing all images from this post to be sure I get the right one removed. :( This was a woman saying, "Worry is a burden that God never meant for us to bear."





I received a digital media copyright complaint for this post and was not told what image was not public domain, so I am removing all images from this post to be sure I get the right one removed. :( This was said "God is God. He knows what He is doing. When you can't trace His hand, trust His heart." - clengheartsyou|tumblr
Thank you for those who purchased from my Pamper Chef show last week. I was able to earn another kitchen tool that should really help me with single-handed kitchen prep. Best of all, my consultant friend, who is due to have her baby any day now, is now "qualified" for the month of January so she retains on active consultant status even with a new baby in the house. Praise God for His provision through you all!

While I'm saying my thank yous, I appreciate all of you who have jumped on board and "endorsed" (voted for me) my Wego Health Rookie of the Year nomination. If you still wish to do so, just click the link, use your down arrow (not sure why they don't have a scroll bar!), click on the purple box on the right hand side, under my picture. Thank you so much! (And please, feel free to share this request with your friends.)

 I received a digital media copyright complaint for this post and was not told what image was not public domain, so I am removing all images from this post to be sure I get the right one removed. :( This was a woman with a suitcase and read, "Where you are today is no accident. God is using the situation you are in right now to shape you and prepare you for the place He wants to bring you into tomorrow. Trust Him with His plan even if you don't understand it."

So I'm down packing all my Christmas things away. Over the past two Christmases I have sifted out at least four large Rubbermaid boxes worth of Christmas clutter! (This still means I just packed away seven more this last couple of weeks. Yes, I was (am?) rather obsessive and excessive when it came to Christmas!) Now it is just up to my guys to carry those boxes back to the garage and take down (yes, it's fake - I'm allergic to pine!) the tree for me.

I see my neurologist early on Monday morning for my next check up. My neuro-ophthalmologist indicated that it is getting to be about time for another MRI and/or MRA, just to check everything out. We will see what Dr. L. says.

Jumping video won't upload today and I can't figure out why. You can see the first 10 seconds at Day 56 of 100.
When hard pressed, I cried to the Lord; he brought me into a spacious place. The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? Psalm 118:5-6 NIV   

1 comment:

  1. Ya know, I tend to get very tense, and almost mean when someone I know mentions a chiropractor. I don't think it will ever go away....maybe it is the nature of what hubby has seen in his job, but I almost feel violent....like I have the strength to hurt someone, HA!

    ReplyDelete