Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds, in Oct. 2011. Jenni remained hospitalized for nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Friday, March 7, 2014

Lent - A few Days "Late"


These two post are not written to "go together." I don't even know if the authors know each other or not. But I liked the ideas presented in each and felt they kind of went hand in hand. Reverse Lent and 18 Creative Prayer Reminders.

http://www.karenehman.com/2014/03/the-reverse-lent-challenge/?utm_content=buffer35a0a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

If you are looking for a more traditional, meditative way to observe these 40 days before Easter, preparing your heart to receive and rejoice in the glory of Resurrection next month, here is a friend's sister's Lenten journey I am reading along to share in her thoughts this year.


"Compared to the way I normally eat, that’s a very short list. For the over 3 billion people who live on less than $2.50 a day, it’s an extravagant list; remember, the $2.50 isn’t their food budget, it’s their entire income! This is just the beginning of the first full day of the journey and already I feel shaken to my core…" http://GodJustHearsAMelody.wordpress.com/

http://GodJustHearsAMelody.wordpress.com/
 
A book I have really been anticipating, coming in April, is called Love Idol. I just read a really great post about this book and a Me Fast that I just have to pass along!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E1O7F5E/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00E1O7F5E&linkCode=as2&tag=jennifersaake-20

 
So I visited one of my Facebook groups this morning and saw this beautiful KLOVE picture:
 
 
Do you know the REALLY cool thing about short term memory loss? When I saw this I thought, "Wow! What a cool image. That really speaks to me!" Then I looked up and saw that I shared it with my group just a few days ago! I don't remember even seeing it before, much less posting it. I get to be freshly blessed by it all over again today!
 
 

 
 
Quote: The brook would lose its song if God removed the rocks. - Barbara Johnson, Daily Splashes of Joy Calendar, March 7
Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails. - Proverbs 19:21
 

1 comment: