Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds, in Oct. 2011. Jenni remained hospitalized for nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Skills

 
This is what I posted to Facebook yesterday evening: 2 sick kids, 9 medications to manage, one very healthy and energetic second grader = one tired Mommy. Thankful for the honor of caring for these kiddos though (can't say "little ones" anymore, as one is nearly 4 inches taller than me now!) and thank you to my awesome husband for picking up dinner on your way home from working hard all day to make it possible for me to have the blessing of being the one home for them! I so hope no one else in the family gets sick. My mom is starting to cough a little today...

Perspective! :)

The oldest seem to be improving. He still needed to be home today, but at this rate we hope to get him back to school tomorrow. Our girl is on an antiviral, antibiotic, probiotics and an over-the-counter cold medicine, and is having a hardest day today than she did yesterday. (She is two day behind her brother in this process and his hardest two days were yesterday and the day before, so today and tomorrow would correlate as likely being her hardest days). She has coughed so hard it has caused her to throw up several times and she coughed so forcefully her retainer broke yesterday afternoon. There is an emergency orthodontist repair scheduled for later tomorrow morning. We were originally hoping she might be back to school by tomorrow afternoon, but I'm thinking she is likely home for the rest of the week now. We are awaiting another call back from the doctor now.


So, I haven't succeeded in two weeks in a row of meal planning (well, I had last night planned, the execution just wasn't possible after 3 1/2 unplanned hours in doctor's offices and pharmacies, plus all the phone calls and emails with the schools, our car pool, our primary care office and the orthodontist), but I don't feel so bad as I actually could have swung the Sloppy Joes I had planned (I even had the ground beef all browned and ready to go), I just couldn't find the rest or the ingredients that I know are in the house, in our pantry last night. Rather than panic, I made a fast food request of my husband. :) Tonight's dinner is already in the crock pot and smelling fantastic!


Like I said last week, I already have meals planned out for this week (major accomplishment and stress reliever for me!). This morning (at 6am, when I got up to start dispensing the first meds that contained calcium and could not be taken within two hours of another med that is calcium sensitive) I was fretting over keeping all the kids medications and timing straight today. Rick made the simple statement, "I trust you." That meant the world to me and made all the difference in my self-confidence! I immediately sat down and made out a full page schedule of every medication they are each on, how many times per day, how much, and what could be mixed or what must be taken on what specific timeline. Then I mapped it all out so that I know exactly who gets what, and when. My meds suddenly seem "easy" and are mapped out on a weekly basic when I refill my pill box. Thanks to my husband's brilliance, we are keeping the timer running all day, so it beeps reminders for me when the next meds are due. So far, so good. I think this definitely counts as brain training for the day!


I guess the other big news in our lives right now is that Rick has just filed to run for school board, as an "at large" candidate (meaning he would cover more area than just our own district) here in Washoe County, Nevada! We always said that if our children were to attend traditional classrooms, we would want to be as active as possible in their education. I can't be nearly as hands-on in the classroom as I had always imagined myself being, but we feel this is an area where Rick can serve our entire community. http://saakeforschools.com/

http://saakeforschools.com/
Proverbs 31:11
Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.
 

2 comments:

  1. I live by crock pot meals as I never seem to have enough energy in the evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your precious family, love you.

    ReplyDelete