Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds, in Oct. 2011. Jenni remained hospitalized for nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Friday, April 25, 2014

2 1/2 Years

2 1/2 years today, since this whole stroke journey started, since I walked into a chiropractic office under my own power and left by gurney/ambulance! I recently saw a friend start her stroke-a-versary post with the statement, "Six years ago today, I should have died. Six years ago today, I lived!" I'm still trying to process, embrace this duel relatity of what "should" have happened (according to doctors) and what DID (by the will of God). It's coming along, but I'm not totally there yet.

This isn't going to be a terribly newsy post today, as I have offered a few fairly detailed posts about physically and emotionally where I am over the last few weeks and don't emotionally have it "in me" to go there again right now. I've been in a lot of pain this week, including new tooth pain on my less-stroked chewing side and the alkies tendon of the left foot I sprained a few weeks back. Last night was a pretty good night (thank you, Lord!) but before that there were lots of nightmares and sleep issues. We are still working with our daughter's school and doctors to handle her unique needs in double casts and a wheel chair. It was with her second break (this past Monday) that I really saw an incredible uptake in pain levels and downturn in sleep quality, so I know stress is playing a roll here. I'm trying to focus my heart today on things true, noble, pure, right, excellent, praiseworthy...

If you have a Facebook account, you are welcome to follow Stroke Of Grace there, as I mirror most post made at http://StrokeOfGrace.blogspot.com/ also post at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stroke-of-Grace-by-Jennifer-Saake/339888582731687 . It would also really encourage me today to see my friend count at http://StrokeOfGrace.blogspot.com/ pass and stay over 50 today (we are at 48 where we have been stalled out for weeks), so if you haven't publically followed this blog yet, please take a moment to click on the friend connect widget over on your right hand sidebar. My goal had been to get over 100 followers when I did my give-away last month. We got up to 49, then lost one person a few days later. I am really working hard to build my readership numbers before taking my book proposal to a publisher and would so appreciate your help!

From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised. - Psalm 113:3
 

3 comments: