Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds, in Oct. 2011. Jenni remained hospitalized for nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Friday, April 4, 2014

Updates Since Yesterday


I know I just posted last night, but several little things already need to be recorded since then and I don't want to forget.
The date stamp is off. This may have been taken the first of 2014, not last year!
First, a huge praise in that baby A. was delivered safely at 2 minutes to midnight last night. I have yet to go visit or actually talk to K., but I have seen a picture and am totally smitten! I am so very relieved. Thank you for praying for their safety through the ordeal of birth. Praise the Lord!!!

I just figured out, these were taken Christmas morning (so yes, 2013, but late in the year, not at the beginning) with my son's new camera that hadn't been fully set up yet. That's why the date is off. But this is me, fairly recent candid shots.
Next, last night, after I posted, I accomplished another first: took a bath, totally by myself, WITHOUT any HELP getting into or out of the tub. No fall, nor even near fall. I am so excited!!!

Our baby bird. <3
However, I did take a fall, in a parking lot, this afternoon. I fell so hard I literally left both shoes standing by themselves, where they had been before my feet shot out of them. I also popped my bell (just for fun, I have a bicycle bell attached) off my cane. I scared my mom and 8-year-old terribly, but I am pretty much able to bear weight on my foot now, if I must, so think we will be OK. I now have my left (more stroked) foot/ankle on ice but am 99% sure it is NOT broken. (Since my 11-year-old just got her foot casted on Monday, I really hope not!) My right knee is skinned (my mom laughed that one of my first concerns was that I might have ripped my favorite pair of jeans!) and my right upper arm/shoulder is going to bruise up, but I'm planning to stay pretty much down in the recliner for the afternoon. I was already tired enough (from gardening yesterday) that I could only manage 45 minutes of my hour-long pool class this morning, so I think I fell because I'm just extra tired now.



 

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. Thank you for sharing the update. It is interesting to have it discussed widely so that we can gain more objective opinions.

    Hand Therapy CT & Shoulder Pain Therapy

    ReplyDelete