Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds, in Oct. 2011. Jenni remained hospitalized for nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Worry, Excape, Weekend



Our daughter is now in two casts and a wheelchair! Details on my InfertilityMom blog. I know my hospital psychologist warned me about "catastrophsizing" or always expecting the worst now, but it does seem that an awful lot really does go wrong in our lives, not just my expectation of worst-case outcomes. I'm so very thankful that God's in control and has the final word here!

 
 
I think I will go back and edit this link into my Why I Blog explanation. Can You Explain Your Hope encapsulates why I am so passionate about sharing (over-sharing?) details of my story, than any other article I have read! After you read the article, be sure to take a couple minutes to watch Matthew West's Do Something song at the end of the post.


This Saturday morning, my mom and I will be opening her home (I sort of volun-told her we were descending upon her living room but she didn't really object) for the (in)Courage (in)RL weekend. Wherever you are, please join us by webcast (or if you are in Reno, please come in person)! I was going to write up a whole big description of this incredible weekend, but since my friend Shelly already did such a beautiful job, I'll just direct you to her explanation. It's not at all too late to join if you can find a few hours to watch your computer on Friday night and/or at any time over Saturday or Sunday. AND it's free! If you can get together with a local Meet Up group, all the richer of an experience. You can even still open up and be a hostess either in your home or at the coffee shop down the street, even at this late hour! 


My one little registration tip is that anyone, who even things she might want to sign in even for a few minutes, at some point over the weekend, should start by registering at http://inrl.incourage.me/inrl-registration/ and then, if you also want to find another lady to watch the videos with, you will need to take the additional step of clicking the RSVP link near the top, right hand of the specific Meet Up group you wish to be counted with. Otherwise your group hostess will have no idea you would like to participate in her little local group! (The groups are often rather small like 2 or 3 ladies. We are expecting about 5 here in Reno. I've heard of a very few groups that get up to 15, 20, even 30 ladies, but this seems to be the exception rather than the norm. These groups are getting together in ones, twos, threes, 20s, literally in neighborhoods all over the world. Please don't miss this!) 

 
Encouragement I posted to the hundreds of other (in)RealLife hosts today, who have been sharing all kinds of amazing ideas in a special planning forum, was, "I haven't been around this group for a few days. The reason is because you ladies INTIMIDATE me. I read of all these beautiful, great plans and then look at my budget, my schedule, my limitations, and start to wonder if I should even be doing this, if my best is enough???
"Then I remember the (in)RL Meet Up I attended last year and how very simple, yet lovely, the day was. I didn't miss anything because I couldn't se "behind the scenes" here and play the comparison game. We didn't do a craft, there were no prizes nor favors, there were light, simple snacks and no meal, but there was WELCOME, there was love, there was sweet sisterhood even between strangers who had never met. And I WENT AWAY FULL. And I have seen a deep, new friendship blossom out of that day and some strangers and acquaintances become closer because we heard each other's hearts that morning last April. You all who are planning more, hats off to you, but girls that isn't about us, it's about Jesus, and He is more than enough!!! "

 


Quote of the day: "When I cannot read, when I cannot think, when I cannot even pray, I can trust.”
― James Hudson Taylor
So very, very true! Even when God feels so far away, He always remains faithful, trustworthy! When I couldn't read or even form a coherent thought beyond my terror of a faulty brain, this remained true even then!


I can never escape from your Spirit!
I can never get away from your presence!
If I go up to heaven, you are there;
if I go down to the grave, you are there.
If I ride the wings of the morning,...



if I dwell by the farthest oceans,
even there your hand will guide me,
and your strength will support me.
I could ask the darkness to hide me
and the light around me to become night—
but even in darkness I cannot hide from you.
To you the night shines as bright as day.
Darkness and light are the same to you.
- Psalm 139:7-12


 

1 comment: