Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds, in Oct. 2011. Jenni remained hospitalized for nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Monday, June 2, 2014

June

Another month is upon us. This month is slated to hold a lot of "firsts" for me. I think I'll share more as they unfold. Today our daughter graduates from elementary to middle school! I'm going to try a celebration picnic with all those classes of 5th graders and their parents. Will be interesting, but should be fun. The kids and most of the parents will be taking a walk together, from one campus to the other. A friend is going to make this part possible by driving me.


We come home from all the festivities and go right to her physical therapy, so I'm trying to figure out what combination to dump in the crock pot before I leave so that we can actually eat dinner tonight! Starting on Wednesday at noon, I will have the kids home from school for the summer and we will be learning a new tempo of life.


I've posted this before, but I just love it. I think it would be cool to have a piece of jewelry made from a similar combination of the word grace paired with an infinity symbol:


Just a couple more weeks until my parents are back in town! I really miss them but am coping surprisingly well, especially with all the added transportation issues with our daughter's medical needs. Her goal is to be walking again before the month is over. Thank you for the team of drivers who have stepped in to pull us through this season.


Here is the best article I have read in a while, speaking to why Christianity isn't a good luck charm to keep the bad in this world away. I just love it, saying in part, "Yet so often, we’re surprised by injury and inconvenience, by suffering and circumstances. We’ve reduced our gospel down to a formulaic set of rules whereby the faithful sidestep the pitfalls of this broken world and instead float unscathed and isolated through their good life. We want it all and forget there is always a cost. We want safe instead of good." http://www.incourage.me/2014/06/consider-it-joy.html

Even youths grow tired and weary,
    and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint. 
- Isaiah 40:30-31 

2 comments:

  1. That picnic would be a big deal for me as I have just started feeling comfy eating in front of people. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you. I love you.

    ReplyDelete