Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds, in Oct. 2011. Jenni remained hospitalized for nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Friday, September 26, 2014

More 35 Month Life Experiences

I just posted last night, then updated with this picture this morning: 

My rose garden, after about 8-10 man hours of labor (mine and Kathy's, over a couple of weeks, but mostly this past Wednesday),
See the "Saake Swamp" or our "bog" on the left, running the depth of the garden from the fence clear out to the front edge of the garden? That was a solid forest of weeds, cat tails, willow bushes, aspen volunteers, that come every single year! Some day I would love to be able to cement that in, creating an actual drainage ditch, and rock it over the cement, to create a pleasant little creek to meander through the roses.
But I kept thinking of more things I should have said last night, thus I need to just post a whole nother post! (Of course, now I can't think of most of the things I wanted to say, but here of a bunch of pictures, ending with this week's shots of my garden.)

The two things I do remember than I want to add is that it really hit me, overwhelmed me, yesterday morning to be standing (that alone is a miracle!) in my kitchen, capable of making an entire meal without any help, not only for my own family, but for another too. Stirring, balance involved, organizational skil to think though each stage of the tasks at hand, ability to carry such tasks out! Just WOW! Thank you to ALL who fed our family for all those months when I could manage none of this. How very amazing to get the chance to do something similar for another. I don't even have the words...
A recent going away party for a friend. I was out until 10:30 at night. Still in awe that I can do anything of the sort! (I'm on the far right, the one (of course!) with the cane. I love the tiny little butterfly purse Rick found for me at the thrift store - just the right dimensions to carry my handicapped placard, Epi pen, emergency medicines, wallet and keys, but not so big that it throws me off balance or I struggle to carry it on my own. Rick was getting tired of ending up carrying my purse everywhere because it never matched his shoes. ;) )
As for my coming re-birthday and thoughts on wanting a party (see prior post), this would be my third re-birthday and we would be celebrating all the things you celebrate with a 3-year-old over their lifetime achievements, learning to speak more clearly, crawl, walk, run, count, basic addition and subtraction, write legibly enough for someone else to read without too much struggle, learn enough voice control to sing, not at an adult level yet, but progressing that way. I'm almost three years into this re-learning the basics thing and I guess right on track. :)

Northern Nevada sky, out my front door. My roses are not shown in this picture, but located just to the right, past our van you see in the lower right corner. I was trying to catch the morning light on the foothills that were all aglow, under a layer of California-fire-smoke and our own clouds,, but the light was fading away by the time I got the camera turned on my phone. Wild horses visit our street on a near-daily basis. Breathtaking!
This picture is for Julie. The bistro table I've been looking for for years (since pre-stroke) that I finally found at a thrift store last week, for half of the price I had determined I would be willing to pay! The chair I bought new, but at an end-of-season clearance, for 70% off, so I still came in about $15 less than I had set aside. So this is officially my birthday gift from my in-laws now, as they had given me money this summer to buy whatever I wanted . :) Oh, and the little metal rose basket was just $2, from the thrift store as well. Thanks Mom and Dad. I'm so pleased!!


I know it is only September, but here's my Christmas present from my amazing hubby. I had a cast-iron pan before my strokes. It was one f my favorite pieces of cookware. It somehow got misplaced while I was out of commission and I have so missed it! Realistically, I wouldn't have had the strength to lift it anyway, but there were just some recipes that didn't work out well without cast iron. I've always used hand-me-downs and refurbished pans, but now I have a brand new one of my very own. And it even has a wonderful little removable silicone sleeve that fits securely onto the handle so I won't burn myself. I'm just giddy. Thank you, my (cast) "Iron Man".

Welcome to our home. I'm still having fun with my camera phone! He's our front door. 

And here's what you would see when you came inside, our very first wedding present.
This week's roses on my kitchen table (not as fresh as they looked yesterday, but still bringing me joy).
The sign from Abby that got me through those days in the hospital.
Butterflies from Kendra.
My "changing direction" bountiful rose branch, Kathy. From Jenni's Theological Gardens. ;)
 

 
 
 
 
 

 



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful roses! I'll have to remember to take pics of the wild roses next year for Ya!

    ReplyDelete