Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds, in Oct. 2011. Jenni remained hospitalized for nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Monday, October 13, 2014

Can't Sleep:Worried!


Can't sleep. Nothing new yet - didn't expect to hear from Dad overnight unless there was a crisis, so this is good.

Recalling every word of our last phone conversation on Friday and my impatience to get off the phone because I was pruning roses and had less than an hour left before the sun overtook my garden. Wonder if/when I will ever have another normal conversation with my Mommy again? In my impatient strive to regain my "normal" why on earth did I take for granted the treasure that I already had? Praying for you in the wee hours of this morning, Mom




Thank you, Andrea for this perfectly-timed reminder:


Psalm121
121 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2 My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.
3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.
6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
7 The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
8 The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.


Told my mom yesterday that she just earned her own pair of battle boots!


I smile when I think of her first words to me in the ER yesterday. She looked at my bright turquoise t-shirt with a woman bowing before the cross, scrawled with the words, "It's all about the grace." and she clearly studied it, read it and looked into my face, in the midst of all her mumbling and confusion and clearly said, "They are!" (meaning "It is!"). She couldn't remember or manage my name yesterday, but her faith was SO evident!

                           

1 comment: