Starting October 25 of 2011, "InfertilityMom," 39-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder of Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes, all due to vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office. The largest two strokes were brain stem and cerebellum bleeds. Jenni remained hospitalized until nearly Christmas and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care (please read more and watch short video). Jenni is now walking (with a cane or wheeled walker), has recovered much eye-sight, some hearing, partial use of her hands, cares for most of her own personal/toiletry needs, and is currently writing three books, maintains multiple blogs, and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Near the five-year recovery mark, Jenni has renewed her pre-stroke excitement about the unique Lilla Rose hair Flexi eight jewelry she sells and has finally regained enough hand/arm function to regularly use! (The biggest ongoing losses at the 4 1/2-year point of recovery are left-side nerve pain, inability to drive, loss of homeschool teaching capability, significant sound processing issues (often triggering nausea), and some profound physical ability limitations such as a limp, balance challenges, clumsy use of right hand and only large motor function in left hand.) Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equipts you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Jenni is clinging to God's grace through the entire experience. Here is her unfolding story, documented in her own words (typing with only her right hand), as she perceives it happening in real time, messy, honest and to the glory of God...

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Need Your Input!


I am looking to purchase a domain name. I need something people can remember, spell, is "catchy" and/or speaks to the topics of my books (infertility, loss, fruit of the Spirit, hope, motherhood, illness, heartache, grace, various Biblical heroes like Hannah, Job, Paul). Any suggestions or ideas? 



I like jennifer.saake but wonder if the spelling of our last name will become an issue? Most domains of my actual book titles are already taken (like the StrokeOfGrace domain, though I could still use these words with hyphenation between them or adding on the word "book" at the end like I did with HannahsHopeBook.com), plus you need a new one for each project and I'm looking for something I could list all books, blogs and any future affiliated projects and ministries under. 



Maybe something with my used-around-the-internet handle of InfertilityMom, but will that be confusing for people that don't know my background? I've used Jenni's Journal for several projects over the years, so something along those lines might work. I was thinking maybe something alone the lines of ChronicallyTrustingChrist but that is LONG for a domain name. I also love roses, and themes of harvest, gardening and growth. Someone suggested something butterfly related (cocoon, chrysalis (<---- hard word to spell), flight, soaring, wings, takes wing, transformation, etc) and I really like that but can't find anything short, simple and not already taken! The one label/tag that every single one of my blogs has in common if the word "writing" if that helps at all. Ready. GO. Give me your ideas!


God transforms the most ugly to beautiful.
Currently thinking maybe a single word like "hide" or "hidden" (both taken, of course) that described the nature of both a seed in the earth and a butterfly in the cocoon. I'v tried short words and phrases like "unfurl" and "spring forth" (both a seedling from the soil and the butterfly's wing from the chrysilis) too. This launch any new ideas for anyone? Clever names are usually really fun and come quite easily for me. This one has me stumped!


Earlier today I posted this update to Facebook: A lady from church, who stroked a week ago Saturday, died last night. I just found out. Such mixed emotions! Survivor guilt. Relief that she is Home and her battle over. Horror for what her husband is facing. Numbness. Sobering reminder of what my outcome "should" have been. Want to cry, but no tears....

I feel like I CANNOT think of going to the funeral on Saturday. And I CANNOT stay away! Will need real wisdom and direction for what the Lord has for me in this decision.

I love the thoughts shared by a fellow stroke survivor on a group where I'm a member, "It's natural to feel sorrow for the deceased but you shouldn't feel guilt because you survived. It's not like you took the easy way out." So true!!! 

Another reminded me that God appointed me my journey to walk, and her hers. I'm learning, yet again, that I must trust God's sovereignty here.



No comments:

Post a Comment