Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds, in Oct. 2011. Jenni remained hospitalized for nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Celebrations?

Yesterday I posted to Facebook, At "1:30 O'Clock," 23 years ago, I was blessed to change my name from Miss Camp to Mrs. Rick Saake. We have had some rough seasons through chronic illness, business failure, 10 pregnancy and adoption losses, traumatic brain injury (and accompanying severe emotional processing and communication troubles), but also the blessing (and challenges) of parenting three amazing, long-awaited miracles, a beautiful (so clearly God-picked and provided) home, and EACH OTHER. It hasn't always been an easy journey, Sweetheart, the devil has tried so hard to end what God has given us in one another, but I'm so very thankful that YOU are the one God chose me to walk all the high highs and low lows together with! Love you more deeply today than the day I said "I do!"


I changed my bed sheets tonight. I tried to time the process, but forgot to check the end time. To my best estimation, I accomplished the whole project in just under half an hour though! Slow, but progress. I think my first solo attempt was something like 4 hours, right?

I love this dress. Probably could never afford it, but a girl can dream, right? I couldn't wear the heals and I would want my butterfly wings to be in blues, greens and purples, but love the concept!

So, I have now officially thrown up (exploded violently) at one Christmas dinner table and following a birthday celebration for Rick and two different anniversary dinners, all in the past 3 1/2 years. frown emoticon(Then there were all the times at the hospital too. I try not to think of all that, but times like this bring all the ugly memories crashing in upon my heart!) I'm thankful that we managed to make it out of the restaurant yesterday afternoon, but Rick had only backed the car out of the parking spot and we hadn't even pulled out of the parking lot yet, before, without warning, I SPEWED all over his parent's nice car, he was borrowing to take me out, him and drenched myself. 



I guess special celebrations - the richness and/or amount of food, the sounds, all that movement from so many people around, keeping up with a prolonged/focused single conversation while try to block out all others around me, the lights, the excitement, so many forms of stimulation at once - is just more than my neuro system can handle. frown emoticon  I try to remind myself that, compared to being Locked In my own body, as a brain stem stroke survivor should be, I have so little to complain of, so very much to be thankful about! Sometimes this journey is really, really hard, even still...


I'm not sure I'm really brave enough to pray such a prayer!
I just finished cleaning up their car (Rick would have but I couldn't handle the thought!). I cried myself to sleep last night. I struggle with taking up oxygen on this planet on days like this! Thankfully, I had JUST re-read Philippians 1:21-25 about an hour before we went out to dinner, so I rode home in my stinky, wet clothes thinking , "Since I am persuaded of this [God has a purpose for me here and now, on this earth and while I know Heaven would be far better, He isn't done with me here yet], I know that I will remain..." over and over. It was a long night and I did not sleep well so am really dragging today. 



Still, I am convinced, God is good, all the time.

3 comments:

  1. you are so far beyond awesome sis, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my friend...goofy sentiment here, but it works for me...you aren't taking up oxygen, you are providing carbon dioxide every time you breathe out, so that God's beautiful plants can grow....

    Don't think about what you use, but focus on what you give....

    As for throwing up, I choked so hard at a church function last night on a stupid tortilla chip that I gave up trying to eat in public and was starving by bed time! I had to fix myself a snack of easy to swallow food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the perspective shift! I'm sorry about your last night. :(

      Delete