Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds. Jenni remained hospitalized until nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Monday, April 4, 2016

Back To Life

I interrupt this series of Mount Hermon Christian Writers Conference memories to give a few glimpses into normal life...


I'm "lilting" to the right as I walk the last couple of days. No particular reason that I know of, just feels like I'm a car with wheels out of alignment that keeps pulling off center without intentional concentration to do otherwise.


My daughter had a 2-day computer crisis while trying to upload her weekly YouTube video this week, resulting in her convincing me to get back out of pajamas and record a joint video with her sometime after 8 last night. (If it more easily uploads than the one she was trying to publish on Saturday, it will go live soon, otherwise it could be published near Mother's Day and I will link to it.)

Skippy Natural Peanut Butter Spread with Dark Chocolate, one of my favorite treats at the moment. Yum!

Today is the kids' first day back to classrooms after a 2-week break. Rick is also back to the office today after two weeks of working from home due to office renovation. I'm on my own for daytimes the first time in a bit but my replacement emergency call pendant should be here early this week. In the meantime, our security system was just updated yesterday and I have 2 easy-access emergency panic buttons in our house.


Our oldest son will be staying home for another year before starting college. For months there has been the possibility that he would be moving out of state to start college before his 17th birthday. I'm excited for him that skipping senior year was an option, but thrilled for me that the decision is final and now I know I get another year with my first born!


Our littlest is still learning responsibility. He was recently invited into National Elementary Honor Society but, after sitting in his backpack untouched for all of spring break, just remembered to give us his induction invitation last night. The ceremony is tomorrow, during the work day. We have only one adult driver in this house and he will be in a business meeting that can't be rescheduled at this late notice.

Another gluten-free treat, Special K Chewy Nut Bars!

"Oh Nana!" Thankfully my mom's hair cut appointment is late enough in the day she can take me to the school first.


I got a new-to-me exercise bike yesterday! I am far enough along if physical recovery I can actually operate this one well. Friends from Sunday School were giving it away. Thank you! I'm blessed to be on the receiving end.


I'm off to therapy now but wanted to post this first. I'll update with pictures later. :)


1 comment: