Starting October 25 of 2011, "InfertilityMom," 39-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder of Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes, all due to vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office. The largest two strokes were brain stem and cerebellum bleeds. Jenni remained hospitalized until nearly Christmas and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care (please read more and watch short video). Jenni is now walking (with a cane or wheeled walker), has recovered much eye-sight, some hearing, partial use of her hands, cares for most of her own personal/toiletry needs, and is currently writing three books, maintains multiple blogs, and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Near the five-year recovery mark, Jenni has renewed her pre-stroke excitement about the unique Lilla Rose hair Flexi eight jewelry she sells and has finally regained enough hand/arm function to regularly use! (The biggest ongoing losses at the 4 1/2-year point of recovery are left-side nerve pain, inability to drive, loss of homeschool teaching capability, significant sound processing issues (often triggering nausea), and some profound physical ability limitations such as a limp, balance challenges, clumsy use of right hand and only large motor function in left hand.) Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equipts you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Jenni is clinging to God's grace through the entire experience. Here is her unfolding story, documented in her own words (typing with only her right hand), as she perceives it happening in real time, messy, honest and to the glory of God...

Friday, April 29, 2016

GIVEAWAY, Dollar Tree Finds, Butterfly Gardening



Look beneath the mud and grime of my gardening/exercise shoe. Do you see it? There, on the heal, it leaves butterfly shaped imprints in the soil as I walk! I just noticed. This was the first pair of shoes Rick bought me post-stroke and I'm just now seeing the butterfly. Maybe that butterfly was not the intent of the manufacturer, but I'm sure my blossoming to His glory, spreading my wings into the daily grind of this life, is MY Creator's intent!


I recently found butterfly party supplies at my local Dollar Tree. The above picture represents a 5 dollar purchase! I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my set yet (though keep reading for a giveaway that lets you party with me!), but I couldn't pass up the deal.  


Maybe a baby shower? Mother's Day? A spring celebration with friends, just because? Or I could save them for late October and bring some spring brightness to my 5 year stroke-a-versary?


However I end up using them, they make me smile!


Here's another $3 worth of happy heart!


 A mini decorative stepping stone.


A butterfly spinner.


Bright butterfly windchimes.


And now, what you actually came here to enter, the giveaway!!!


 To enter, please look over on my right hand sidebar. See the links that say:

Social Media



For each one of those places you start following me because of this post, leave a comment in the comments section here and receive two enteries into a drawing for a 14-pack of these adorable butterfly plates! Share your media link with me so I can come say hi there too, please. :)


Join this site
Members (48More »

Already a member? Sign in


Get connected with me via Friend Connect and/or...


Google+ Badge



Comment that you are a new G+ (Google) follower...




for 3 MORE entries for each action taken on Google+ or Friend Connect! 



Yes, that's 10 potential entries for each new follower already.  But wait, I'm not done!


Already a faithful follower? (Thank you!) I haven't forgotten you!

Get entries for following me any place you don't yet, plus anytime a new follower mentions your name as the person who sent them here, earn another point. In fact, if they are selected as a winner, I'll send you a pack of the same plates too, as a thank you for sharing, as long as I get your mailing information by May 12!


And EACH time you leave a new and meaningful comment (something more than "hi," please show me you took time to read that post with a relevant comment about that content) on any other post on this blog, come back here to these comments and tell me where you just commented, for yet one more entry. Since there are over 400 live posts on this blog, your entries have the potential to stack up quickly by doing a little exploring around Stroke Of Grace!

Each time you share this post link somewhere, your blog, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc, that counts too! Please leave a link to each share in the comments so I may go see where this post is being mentioned. (If you ask your followers to mention your name whey they enter, that will potentially talley you a bunch of new entries. Remember, if they win, I'll send you a set of butterfly plates too!)


In recap, there are all kinds of ways to win here

1. Start by following every social media or blog follow link of mine that you aren't yet. Also share this post link on all YOUR social media for even more entries!

2. Leave me a comment on this blog post, specifying all the new actions you are taking because of this article. If you are taking any kind of action that's helping me build or promote this blog (even if I haven't listed your specific idea), tell me what you did and earn another point or two or three, for each and every way you are helping me! And thank you!!!

3. If someone referred you, please give me their name (and a valid way to contact you) as well.


Those entry points will rack up quickly, easy as 1, 2, 3!


Contest open through May 8. I'll use a form of random selection (probably have a child blindly pull a name out of a cup) and announce the winner that week, both with a post here on StrokeOfGrace.blogspot.com as well as attempting a direct winner contact with information left in your comment. On Friday morning, May 13, I will select a new winner, if original winner has not yet contacted me to confirm shipping information.

Since it would cost me more for the shipping than the plates are worth, I won't be able to mail to an address outside of the United States or AFO. If you are international and win, please pick a US address for me to send to. Thank you for your help in building my platform, wherever you live!


Have fun entering and sharing!
 

9 comments:

  1. Hi, Jenni!!! You got some beautiful items! I love the Dollar Tree!

    I started following on YouTube! Here's a link to my channel there:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7VzsZcVcMBhDrAfBa7kMYA

    I also shared this post, on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter.

    Heart Hugs, Shelly <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started following you on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started following you on Pinterest too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenni, Not too sure about this stuff, but I know we are friends on Facebook and I think I "Joined" this page today? Thought I had done that before and made you a part of my google circle? This is a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You silly girl! Those are fun. If I win, you throw yourself a happy un-birthday party in my honor :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I am following you on Pinterest, your blogspot, and liked your Facebook page.You are precious!

    Sandy Platt

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This seems like a weird thing to do, but it is actually one of the best tips for organic gardening. For this procedure you will need to purchase a couple barrels from your local hardware store. Light dep greenhouse

    ReplyDelete