Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds. Jenni remained hospitalized until nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Butterfly Facts


We joined some homeschool friends on a field trip today. I think my 10-year-old had a good time. My 13-year-old was less than enthused, but tried to humor me. Afterall, we spent an hour focused on butterflies; a craft, science via wings under microscopes, a craft, and a story. (She left me color her craft but I ran out of time there so need to finish it here at home.)



I learned three, new-to-me (or perhaps new-again, post stroke?) butterfly facts:


1. The plural of antenna is antennae. 


2. The terms chrysalis and cocoon are not interchangeable. The moth makes a cocoon, while the butterfly makes a chrysalis.


3. Butterflies have knobs at the ends of their antennae while moths do not.



I wore 23 butterflies on my person: 1 large one across a new shirt, 2 butterfly hair clips, a pair of earrings, 2 on the face of my watch, 12 on my shoes (3 double layers down each foot), and 4 more on my rings.



 I had more butterflies on my purse, cane, and walker. I felt appropriately dressed for the occasion!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment