Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds. Jenni remained hospitalized until nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Face of 44

Gift from friend via Facebook. 

I really don't like my looks since the strokes. I am almost down to my ideal weight again (finally!) and my face is amazingly rather symmetrical, but the huge bags under my eyes, weather from age, stress, pain, lack of muscle tone, or some combination, still make me want to cry just by glancing in a mirror.


But despite all that, I want to celebrate today! Every single birthday card I opened this morning was butterfly themed, one way or another, either the card itself or what was in it. My hubby and 16-year-old are due home today. My 10-year-old came in for an early morning snuggle. My 13-year-old is out in the kitchen making some breakfast surprise.

Edited to show WHAT she made me,
Sorry I ate part of the first gluten-free banana pancake invention before I realized she had spelled out my name!
My mom and I shared hours of giggles in the kitchen yesterday afternoon as we fixed my favorite meal together, our first attempt in a gluten-free version. Rather than beautiful meat rolls we were going for, we had meat blobs, but it sure was fun and they tasted ever bit as good as the original. She also made chocolate-cherry, gluten-free cake, for dinner last night,


My book couldn't be moving slower if it were a snail, but I did make another really neat connection for one section yesterday!  I'm headed to brain-injury survivors night at the ball park tonight, and I found a new butterfly skirt for $12 on eBay that I'm wearing for the first time today.



I breathe, I swallow, I walk, I talk - I am blessed! Enjoy these birthday selfies. :)







A friend "gave" me this cake (actually made for her niece) via photograph today.
She doesn't like it, so I won't share her name, but I adore it. So cute!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so thankful for you being you and still being alive on your birthday this year!

    ReplyDelete