Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds, in Oct. 2011. Jenni remained hospitalized for nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

I can do it!

I signed up as a Lilla Rose Stylist  (consultant) just a few months before my strokes. I had carried a small, pink, plastic clip through every move (and we moved at least every two years, all over the United States as well as multiple parts of Asia!) since I was eight, because it was the only barrette I had ever found that actually locked into my hair and stayed in place without slipping!


When I discovered nearly the identical style, but all "grown up" and refined, made of nearly unbreakable piano wire and an attached metal slide clip, available in 7 different sizes to handle every hair need from "tying" the end of a ponytail, to putting up large, elaborate updos for hair much longer and thicker than even my own, I was beyond excited!


I had initially signed up as a Stylist for just one year. During much of that time, I barely had partial use of just one hand, so I basically just gave up and figured this business was not to be for me.

Flexis are available in seven sizes from XXS (Mini) to XXL (Mega) and five sizes in between!
A few years later, I was astounded to realize I still had an active account and was continuing to receive occasional commission checks! As it turns out, once you make the initial business investment (as low as $50 and includes several starter clips!), as long as at least $29 of business is conducted through your account PER YEAR your consultant status stays active! This can be personal purchases, customer website orders, or a combination. Without even promoting nor trying, I was maintaining active status simply by having set up a Stylist website before the strokes, thus a customer or two placing an order each year, I was pleasantly surprised to find myself still in business and having fully repaid my initial investment plus some.


Fast forward to today, and I'm celebrating that I have regained enough hand function (much fine motor of the right side and most large motor skill in the left hand/arm, with even a little clumsy fine-motor ability) to be able to use these clips in my own hair fairly consistently once again! I even managed to keep all my hair up through an hour and a half of hard physical therapy this week, without it slipping nor falling even once!


I'm as excited by my personal victory of having the hand function to consistently use my Flexis again (still primarily one-handed, and even that hand is still not up to pre-stroke skill), as I was on the day I discovered Lilla Rose and these beautiful clips in the first place.


If you have been reading here long, you know what a blessing Mount Hermon Christian Writers Conference was to me this Spring. My goal is to go again in 2017. I have a donation page, but I am also trying to raise funds through these amazing Flexi sales between now and the end of the year. If you would like to see these amazing product choices for yourself, please visit my page at LillaRose.biz/InnerBeauty! (If you are interested in hosting an online party, I can learn to do that for you too!)


According to the Lilla Rose style quiz, my personality type is strongly Romantic.


This is absolutely my personality type. I've always been a lace, pearls, cameos, butterflies, hearts, bows, feminine kind of gal!


A "Rose" loves a few quirky, whimsical kinds of things too. Like cute garden bug decorations for example/


But the strokes have certainly brought out my "Orchid" tendencies too, bright colors, surprising, exotic, muti-colors,


 My best friend. Susan (we are pictured together, below) is a great example of an Orchid.


An example of the difference is these styles is my always thinking butterflies were sweet (Romantic Rose), to my current obsession with BRIGHT butterflies (Exotic Orchid) and not being able to get enough of them!


I've always admired the sleek, tailored look of a Calla Lilly.


Even before the strokes was never "put together" enough to consistently pull this sophisticated look off.


The Sunflower, clean, simple, natural, minimalistic, has a certain charm I often want to imitate as well.


Instead of feeling sad over who I am not, I am really striving to glean the thing I like best about other's personalities and leave the rest without jealousy, enjoying who God created us each to be, the beauty and diversity. 


I think this picture captures that. My best friend and I are SO MUCH alike in so very many ways that matter, yet on the surface, so very different at first glance!


So here's my question for you. Of these four general personality preferences, what is your personal style? You can take this fun, quick quiz, or you can just tell me with groups of items pictured here most catches your eye. If you like more than one style, what is your strongest preference? Second most loved group of hair jewelry?



Please leave your answer in comments. I am truly curious!


I normally would wait another day to post another update, but I'm posting today, because if you are interested in this product, please don't miss this sale that ends at midnight (Pacific) tonight!

And yes, you can still earn those free U-Pins with a $60 purchase,
even combing with this amazing sale!

Also, don't miss this month's StrokeOfGrace giveaway for a Jamberry manicure and a Hope bracelet! Only 3 days left to enter.

3 comments:

  1. I wear a flexi clip as a barrette every single day. I think I have 20 😬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From the four groups above, what's your style, Kendra?

      Delete
  2. My Husband once suffered from stroke for eight years, that affects the arteries leading to and within the brain,he could not move his left hand and leg, and it was always shaking. we have gone different palaces without any solution, I have contacted different doctors, And he has used different medication, then we found a doctor from Canada, and I contacted him about my husband issue. He sent us his medication which my husband took for two months, during the period of him taking it, he started regaining back his fitness, and his heart beat became normal, and all the blood vessel start working fine.am very happy for my husband.
    You can contact the doctor on drscottkingsley@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete