Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds, in Oct. 2011. Jenni remained hospitalized for nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Sneezing


Last Sunday, I just felt off, a little more dizzy than my recent norm, my left hand was somewhat less able and responsive than it has typically become capable of managing. And then, that afternoon I met Fred, likely gave myself a concussion because I frequently felt a bit faint, found my emotions, especially quickly-flashing-up-anger, even more challenging to keep in check, then awoke at 2am throwing up the next morning.

I keep finding butterflies around my house I never got added when I did my Butterfly Frenzie picture round up!
I'll share all my latest here.

But in between the morning realizations of a less-cooperative body and the afternoon hit to the head, I had an amazingly exciting accomplishment!

Butterflies for my hair.

I sneezed and I MANAGED TO KEEP MY LIPS CLOSED!


Big deal???

Apron

Do you realized I have NEVER, NOT EVEN ONCE BEFORE, managed this tremendous feat since my strokes?


Usually, I sneeze and spray everywhere. Not from my nose. I spit! I cannot keep my lips together, no matter how hard I try.


Yes, I cover my nose if I feel a sneeze coming, but I also must cover my mouth, because the nose is actually less of a worry than the lips!


For the first time in nearly five years, I kept my lips together when I sneezed!

My bird doesn't think typing with one hand is challenging enough. She likes to walk across the keys while I'm trying to type!

It felt good. It felt satisfying.

We are being blessed with a new (to us) couch! Here's the first of three pieces, It will have a corner section and another wing that the mirror image of this. Both ends contain recliners. Exciting!
And I didn't even give the guy in the pew in front of me a shower!

Corner cleaned, awaiting the rest of the couch.
P.S. Today marks just one month from my 5-year Re-Birthday (Stroke-A-Versary).

1 comment:

  1. There is hope. Duck and cover is the phrase in this house when they know I'm gonna sneeze.

    ReplyDelete