Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds, in Oct. 2011. Jenni remained hospitalized for nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Friday, September 16, 2016

Trips

My husband's family owns a cabin in northern California. We are often there over our first daughter, Noel's, would-be-birthday. 21 years ago, on Labor Day, I was due to have been "in labor" with our girl who got to meet Jesus months prior.

Two of our kids with their Papa.
I'm not quite sure how I got off topic there for a minute, but even though this post was planned to be just about our trip to the cabin, I'm not going to erase my "bunny trail" of Noel's story! A Mommy's heart never forgets.


My three kids still here on earth get so excited by the "flying mice" (bats) who live behind the window shutter.


I prefer some much more colorful, day-time beauties! Thank you to my hubby for capturing these first four delightful photo memories!


As I shared in more detail, a couple posts back (Thrashed Metabolism), this picture evidences that I've come a LONG way with balance. Still good? Not really. I had to use two walking sticks to move around this uneven terrain, but standing still, I could even throw without a cane nor a fall!

trivet, metal and tempered stained glass

I guess butterflies weren't such a big "thing" for me yet, last time we were at the cabin (two years ago, I think?), or maybe I simply forgot prior discoveries (one advantage of short term memory loss is that I am never short on exciting "new" discoveries). I had fun taking pictures of a few butterfly things I found around the cabin this year.

One of the corners of the bear picture above the fireplace. 
I've loved this picture since I was first invited to visit the cabin with my mom, during our engagement 25 years ago!
Poster up in the loft where the kids sleep.




My younger two, who have each been working on flight hours toward a pilot's licence since they were eight, got to meet two pilots while we were there.


Ruth, 13, especially loved talking airplanes with a new friend who flies in our local Reno air races (this week)!
Female pilots are a rather rare breed!

Speaking of airplanes, I haven't flown (ridden, I never piloted, though I often used to think I might really enjoy learning) since the strokes. We are making a cross-country trip at Christmas. I'm a little (ok, quite a bit!) nervous with all the stroke changes in how my body processes EVERYTHING. My fear of heights is much calmer, but still not gone. Prayers appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment