Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds, in Oct. 2011. Jenni remained hospitalized for nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Monday, November 7, 2016

Weird

So, I felt like I was getting sick Wednesday afternoon.

Was absolutely sick on Thursday, but by mid afternoon my fever broke, my voice returned and I felt fine!


I did therapy Friday and was unusually dizzy during gravitational fluxes with the lower gravity treadmill, but otherwise was fine. Drinking a large container of water in the car ride home seemed to even compensate there.

Saturday, I worked a craft fair (more on that in a minute!), gone from home 8am to 6:30pm, then came home and fixed dinner and cleaned the kitchen. It was a fantastic day. I had energy, a strong voice, and I managed 6 straight hours on my feet without payback pain. In fact, my leg was totally pain free in bed that night for the very first time since the strokes!


Yesterday, I coughed a few times during church.

Today, I'm feverish again, achy, coughing like crazy and congested.


Taking my daughter (who has been down hard in bed for nearly a week of hard coughing and fever) to the doctor this morning, we are now both on antibiotics. It's like my body thought it could fight this thing off, but couldn't quite. Since this is round two in less than a week, it seems there is an underlying infection hiding out that doesn't want to let go.


Sadly, I think I got my hubby sick during those days I told him I was "all better." He has antibiotics awaiting him when he comes home from work today. Happy birthday to him? We hope to head his off at the pass before it even has a chance to settle in!


As for Saturday's craft fair, remember how I was feeling sorry for myself that my Lilla Rose kick off did not go well. Saturday made up for that. It was a fantastic day, I had good sales, turned a profit beyond inventory and merchandise costs, got a little money tucked about for Mount Hermon, and simply had a blast!


No comments:

Post a Comment