Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds, in Oct. 2011. Jenni remained hospitalized for nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Friday, February 17, 2017

Computer Funeral Plans

My laptop is almost dead as I write this (Saturday, Feb.11) and prepare it to auto-post next week. By the time you read this, it may be no more. :( I'm backing up photos tonight. If I have those and my writing files, the rest will be sad to lose, butst "stuff". Praying next quarter's writing royalties could be enough to go a long way toward purchasing a new computer in May.


The primary issue seems to be the internal (not the easily re-orderable/replaceable external) battery.
Less than a week ago, as long as I left it plugged in all the time (total loss of all power within a split second of being unplugged from the wall), it could charge no higher than this much:


Today (Saturday) it's max charge level is only:


The trend does not seem very hopeful.


Once it goes out completely, I will not be able to blog, Facebook, email, or anything else for a bit as I borrow a computer to push through and finish my book!


Since this may be my last chance to post for a bit, I'll share a couple other things here.


First, a writing update.


I have been seriously dedicated to the re-write of my Harvesting Hope from Heartache
manuscript since Thanksgiving.


With the holidays in there, realistically, since the half way through the first week of the new year.


The initial chapters flew together quickly and so very well.


I have ended up adding significant amounts of new material I had not planned to include, requiring dozens of hours of new research on my part. As a result, I've been stalled at the "not quite 1/4 of my final draft" finished mark for about three weeks now.


I am SO EXCITED about all the new things I'm learning, how these early chapters now flow, but I am also physically/mentally exhausted (I'm often in bed for the night before our 11-year-old who has a 7:30/8 PM bedtime) and rather discouraged to feel like I'm rather spinning my wheels, not at all in book content, but in manuscript finishing progress.


My hubby and our youngest watching birds together.

Would you please pray with me to include every single word God wants me to share, but to also get this accomplished QUICKLY? My personal desire is to have a finished draft ready before I head to Mount Hermon Christian Writer's Conference in early April. At this rate, that is not a feasible expectation, but if God returns me to the speed I was seeing at the start of the year, it is still possible!

The other two people I keep keeping on for.
Now 17 and 14, both "seniors" of their campuses this year, high school and junior high.
An update on Mount Hermon, between a few gifts (THANK YOU), this past year's royalties still trickling in from Hannah's Hope (I'm very blessed to still be seeing any income from a 12-year-old title!), my money from my birthday and Christmas, and a partial scholarship directly from the conference, here's the breakdown:

My registration for the conference itself totals $1,285 this year, since I'm not going for the extra early pre-conference like I did last year. This amount is due in full by March 5.

I don't know how God is planning to provide this. I'm looking around at things I can ask my daughter to list on eBay (I'm InfertilityMom if you want to watch for my auctions) for me in the next week or two, to try to raise part of the needed funds there.

I currently only need $180 more in order to finish paying for conference registration. (If that comes through GoFundMe, I'll need a little over $200 there to pay their fees and still have the $180 to pay off the conference. If you wish to PayPalMe and select Friends & Family (without "PayPal Purchase Protection") rather than “Goods and Services,” I will receive 100% of your gift and not have any fees incurred).

This covers Thursday, April 6 dinner through Tuesday, April 11 breakfast, all meals, training, seminars, and lodging.

I will likely get a ride to go half way on April 3 and spend a few pre-conference writing days with my ride / co-author / conference buddy.  So the conference registration amount listed above will not cover my portion of gas or meals between April 3-6, or on the way home.

I will come home on April 11 or later, depending on ride provision. I can get at least half way home that day, even have a place to stay at the half way point if I need to spend another night or three there, but am still looking for a second leg ride home back over Donner pass.

Thank you for prayers for all of God's provisions in this matter!


The final thing I wanted to share could be its own post. If my computer corporates  I'll grab this and move it into another post at the end of the week. Just in case I don't get that chance...


Here's last Sunday's outfit.


Here's the necklace my parents gave me for Christmas:


The dress doesn't show the butterflies unless you get up close and in the right lighting. (Apparently a close up camera offers even better "lighting" than the naked eye!) A fun eBay find several months back! Thrift shopping makes me feel so amazed to spend pennies on the dollar just by buying gently used. :)


The shoes I bought new, also from eBay, over the summer, on a fantastic clearance.


See the "hidden purple butterflies" on the toes. Without the sparkles, they are even more hidden than on the dress!


Have I mention that I love butterflies?


Here I am last week, with our daughter's birds.


2 comments:

  1. ALL THANKS TO DR JOHNSON WITH HIS HERB MY HUSBAND WAS CURED FROM A TERRIBLE STROKE
    . Is my pleasure to comment on this site and i thank the admin of this site for his/her great work so far. I really don’t know how to thank DR Johnson for helping me get cured for over 20 year of suffering from a terrible Stroke,he could not move IS left side of the body, his Diabetes started when he was 48 year i thought is going to end one day but even get worse as days went by,i have tried all western drugs prescribed by doctors but to no avail i lost total concentration,I came across DR Johnson contact through a headline news on internet about how DR Johnson have help so many people to get cured of Stroke, Hernia and Diabetes and so many other with similar body problem I contacted him and he told me how to get his herb,few day later he sent me the herbal portion which my husband take every morning for 21 days, and his medicine was able to restore my Husband back to normal and now he his very okay without any side effects whatsoever If you have Stroke, you can contact him on his email address drjohnson958@gmail.com
    Or Text through Whats-App on +16316206721 for help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a sign of gratitude for how my husband was saved from stroke , i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My husband was diagnosed of stroke and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, he had difficult speaking , and he always complain of muscle weakness and balance disorder . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and he left the contact of the doctor who had the cure to stroke . I never imagine stroke has a cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one months he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life. stroke has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony

    ReplyDelete