Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Saake (founder, Hannah's Prayer Ministries), experienced 6 strokes via vertebral dissection at a chiropractic office, including brain stem and cerebellum bleeds, in Oct. 2011. Jenni remained hospitalized for nearly 2 months and was not expected to live (near death experience) nor recover, but if she even survived, she was slated to live out her days in a nursing home or, best case, to maybe come home but wheelchair-bound and needing 24-hour care. At 5 years, 7 months God showed how He was writing her story from the beginning.

Jenni is currently writing more books and stays active on both Facebook and Pinterest. Here is her resume.

Since Jenni's chiropractor carried no insurance and moved out of the country soon after the accident (thus avoiding any legal or financial consequences), if you would like to help contribute to the Saake (pronounced like the two small words, say and key) family's massive financial needs (medical expenses alone are estimated to cost between $1- and $1.5- Million in Jenni's lifetime), please visit Jennifer Saake's Stroke Survivor GoFundMe Page. (This support information has been added in direct response to several reader requests.) The Saakes sincerely thank you for your prayers and if God prompts and equips you to send any monetary assistance as well, this is a significant added blessing.

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Checking In

Even though it is quite unhappy with life, has its hours and days where it won't work, amazingly, my computer continues to gasp for life. (I was sure it would have been totally inoperative by now!)


Since I've got some computer function tonight and my brain is fried where it comes to book writing, market research, proposal drafting, conference prep, and on overload from all things related to the book writing industry, I decided this would be a good time to give a random update.


Before I forget, I've got to let you know that you have just one day left to enter the drawing for a free Laura Story CD to be given away on my InfertilityMom blog on Monday morning. Hurry over to enter!

I adore this idea from Oregon Quilt Show about how to use pretty hankies!

After not being able to get on Facebook in a few weeks, I went back and realized people know I'm a butterfly girl! My Facebook wall was covered in various FB stories and pictures I'll share here. Since several were videos (like an adorable koala getting photobombed by a butterfly during a zoo promotional photo shoot) and I don't think there is a way to get non-You-tube videos off FB to post here, I won't be able to share those. They are appreciated though and made me smile.  Thanks friends!



Too much has happened in my personal world over the last few weeks to even know where to start with an update there. I guess the clearest overview statement would be to say God's growing our family up in Him, a devastatingly painful and joyfully fantastic experience all rolled into one! I'm exhausted and prayers are appreciated. God is good, all the time!

The Butterfly Nebula viewed by the Hubble Telescope. - Science Channel

Last Friday, I finally got the first 1/4 of my Harvesting Hope from Heartache manuscript is as finished as I can make it and off to Jill Jensen Amack for her fantastic editing services. I'm exhausted and happy!
I started this book in 2011, one week before my strokes. I committed to the third major restructure/rewrite of the entire project around Thanksgiving of 2016, and with the holidays, was finally able to give the project my full attention around mid January of 2017, still typing the entire piece with significant short term memory and word recall challenges and only one hand.
Four chapters down, twelve left to go. I'm praying for God's divine connections next month at Mount Hermon Christian Writers Conference that will lead to the right publisher and a contract to get this book into many hurting hands! I travel over on April 6.
If you are interested in learning more about my conference, please visit https://www.gofundme.com/StrokeOfGrace
Thanks for your prayers, support, and encouragement!



Too much has happened in my personal world over the last few weeks to even know where to start with an update there. I guess the clearest overview statement would be to say God's growing our family up in Him, a devastatingly painful and joyfully fantastic experience all rolled into one! I'm exhausted and prayers are appreciated. God is good, all the time!



I've had a pretty solid uptake in physical pain again, especially down my entire left leg. It's no fun. At the same time I've been working hard to break some bad habits, like impulsive spending as well as grumbling and complaining. My husband asked a couple nights ago why I've been tearing our bed apart so badly at night, and we realized its been  my excessive pain that I hadn't told him about. I need to somehow find the right balance between appropriate communication and complaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment